Ritz Reese’s Cup Sandwiches
Hey there Valentine! Y’all know how I feel about Valentine’s Day and the overpriced dinners out and crazy over the top pressure people put on it. However, I have always LOVED Valentine’s Day Desserts. Chocolate, hearts, strawberries — you can always count me in.
I can’t wait till the girls are in elementary school and get to exchange little cards with their friends. Desserts and adorable kid valentines…that’s what it’s all about for me.
In classic food blogger form, I made my own Valentine’s Day dessert. They were supposed to make it until Valentine’s Day…but in the course of 48 hours, we ate them all. Looks like Jorge is back on the hook for VDay dessert.
Think I can convince him to bake me a red velvet dream cake? Considering he burns eggs, I don’t think I have very good odds.
These candies are everything you would ever want. Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Sweet. Salty. Crunchy. Seriously, what else could you possibly need in a dessert?
I made these in just a few minutes and they looked crazy impressive and are so dang tasty. I also made these at Christmas and gave them to our neighbors. They lost their minds over them! I happened to leave out how easy they were to make. Really hoping they don’t see this particular blog post.
I hope you all have a great Valentine’s Day doing whatever it is you do to celebrate. We plan on taking our adorable twin valentines out to lunch after their naps and treating them to cheesecake.
Ritz Reese's Cup Sandwiches
- 24 Ritz Crackers
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Line 12 ritz crackers on baking sheet. Top each cracker with a Reese's Cup. Place in oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and quickly top with remaining cracker. Let cool completely, speed this up by placing them in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once ritz are cooled/hardened, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to package directions. Dip the ritz sandwiches in melted chocolate and place back on parchment paper. If desired, crush extra ritz and sprinkle on top for decoration.
- Let harden, about an hour at room temperature or 15 minutes in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for up to a week!