Slow Cooker Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
Slow Cooker Low Carb Breakfast Casserole: a low carb, bacon and veggie filled, casserole that is made in a slow cooker for an easy breakfast!
We are in the final holiday countdown and this amazing breakfast casserole is exactly the recipe you need. I am sure a lot of you have a bunch of overnight guests on their way to your house soon and you NEED an easy breakfast.
For this Low Carb Bacon, Broccoli and Cheese Breakfast Casserole, all you have to do is dump everything into your slow cooker and in a few hours breakfast is ready! You can even put everything together the night before and turn it on in the morning.
This recipe is a great way to kick off Christmas morning. You can start the crock pot while you go open gifts with the family, have a cup of coffee and visit a little. In about 2 hours, you will have a gorgeous low-carb breakfast!
Don’t worry about those guests who might not be low-carb, everyone loves this breakfast casserole and would never know they were “missing” anything. You can also swap the broccoli for cauliflower, bell peppers, mushrooms or any other low carb veggies you like.
And if you aren’t low carb, you can add a layer of potatoes to the bottom of the casserole instead of broccoli, just like it says on the back of the McCormick spice package.
The key ingredient to this slow cooker breakfast casserole is a packet of McCormick Good Morning Ultimate Egg Casserole Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix. It is loaded with the perfect blend of spices, onion, garlic, bell peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
The flavors all blend together perfectly to make a very filling breakfast casserole that can be switched up to fit your families tastes.
And if you are a fan of Mexican flavors, you can also try the Mexican version and make these Mexican Breakfast Burritos! We love these with some fresh cilantro and avocado!
I like to line my slow cooker with foil when I make this breakfast egg casserole. It makes clean up a breeze, but it also helps with serving it. You can easily lift the casserole out of the slow cooker to slice it.
To have even less total carbs, you can swap the whole milk for 1/2 a cup of heavy cream and 1/2 a cup of water whisked together. The recipe works great both ways.
If you want to make this casserole ahead, I recommend prepping it completely and then storing it in the fridge until ready to cook it.
You can prep and store it up to 24 hours ahead for an even easier breakfast!
Slow Cooker Low Carb Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 package McCormick Good Morning Ultimate Egg Casserole Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chopped crispy cooked bacon
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Line inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with non stick foil for easy removal or spray with non stick spray. Spread broccoli florets evenly on bottom. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine McCormick Good Morning Ultimate Egg Casserole Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix, eggs and milk. Fold in bacon, onion and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into slow cooker over the broccoli, spread to the edges with a spatula. Cover with lid and cook for 2 to 2.5 hours on high or 4 to 4.5 hours on low. The casserole is done when it is firm in the center.
- Serve warm with sour cream and extra bacon on top!
This post is sponsored by McCormick. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!