Tart green apples and sharp cheddar are meant to go together. It’s one of my favorite snacks! With the twins showing up any day now, Jorge and I have been struggling to find more quick and easy lunches that don’t come out of the freezer.
We both love making hot sandwiches, but usually stick to the basics. So when Jorge tossed out the idea to add some green apples to our paninis…well, I was all in!
Start with some of your favorite bread, spread the outside with a layer of Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. Um, have you ever tried to butter bread with cold butter? It gets all clumpy and tears the soft bread? No good. The spreadable Butter with Canola Oil is a dream. It’s soft and spreadable right out of the fridge, ready to help make your grilled sandwich.
To make the sandwich, slap on some Dijon mustard, green apple, cheddar cheese and roasted turkey. Whoa, baby! The apple gives it a great crunch, and all the flavors meld together perfectly. It’s a great afterschool snack to share with the kids, a quick dinner or for an easy lunch for two.
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 green apple thinly sliced
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 thin slices deli roasted turkey
- Preheat the panini press or grill. Spread the outer side of each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil.
- Spread the mustard evenly over two slices of bread. Layer with apple slices, cheese and turkey. Top each with the remaining bread slices.
- Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove from pan, cut in half and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 866Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 1398mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 63g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.