For those times you want just a little something sweet. These Apple Cinnamon Spice Snack Cakes are reduced sugar, lightly spiced and moist. Great for a lunchbox or snacking on the go.
Today is the last day of January and I am JUST now bringing y’all a healthier sweet recipe. I swear in past years I have been better, but this year I just wasn’t into it.
Everyone was making resolutions and crazy changes and on New Years Day I was eating leftovers of my favorite dream cake. Ah, such is life. ;)
These snack cakes keep the sugar to a minimum and use fresh apple and applesauce for flavor. Of course they also have a healthy shake of cinnamon…because whats the point of Apple Snack Cakes without some cinnamon?
I made these babes in my individual square cake pan — it’s one of my favorite pans for things like this. I also love to use it to make individual brownies. It takes a lot less time in the oven than a whole cake! However, you can always use a regular muffin pan instead.
Apple Cinnamon Snack Cakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded apple, about 1 large apple
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a square snack cake pan or muffin pan with butter; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and egg. Add sour cream, applesauce, and vanilla extract, whisking until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and slowly add milk until well combined. Gently fold in shredded apple. Do not overmix batter.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pan and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm with butter.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.