BBQ Rib Bowl
BBQ Rib Bowls are loaded with cheesy mashed potatoes, blackened sweet corn and sweet BBQ ribs that are stacked on top to create the ultimate meal in a bowl!
Since Summer is basically here in Florida, I am ready for late nights, pool parties, ice cream and everything barbecue. These BBQ Rib Bowls are seriously my new favorite 30 minutes or less dinner to make.
Jorge can take the girls out in the back yard and let them play on their playset or run through the sprinklers while I quickly grill up the corn and ribs.
While inside the house, the potatoes are boiling away waiting to be loaded up with butter, cheddar cheese and tangy sour cream.
Within thirty minutes, we are all having family dinner out on the patio and enjoying the awesome weather. Gosh, I love this time of year.
These BBQ Rib Bowls would not be nearly as quick without Curly’s Baby Back Pork Ribs! They are slow smoked for hours, but all we have to do is heat them up. Love that!
You can find Curly’s Ribs in the refrigerated meat case at your local grocery store. We usually grab ours at Costco because it’s a double pack for a great price.
Speaking of Curly’s, today is the kickoff for their Cruising’ Summer Sweepstakes! You can enter for a chance to win a trip for four for seven days on a cruise trip at Sweeps.RoadTripEats.com.
How awesome would it be to end the Summer with a free cruise?? The sweepstakes lasts from May 29 to June 25, so enter soon!
Check out the video to see how easy these bowls come together. With a creamy, cheesy layer of mashed potatoes, blackened fresh corn kernels and sweet bbq ribs all together in one bowl, I promise your family is going to love you!
We make theses BBQ Rib Bowls all the time, in so many different combinations, but this classic combo is by far our favorite. Jorge proclaims it as his ultimate man meal, but the girls and I enjoy it just as much!
BBQ Rib Bowl
- 1 package (1.5 lbs) Curly’s Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 4 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra sweet bbq sauce, optional
- Preheat half of the grill to high heat and half of the grill over low heat.
- Rub corn with olive oil. Set aside.
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with hot water. Bring to a boil and boil until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, add the Curly’s Baby Back Pork Ribs to the low heat side of the grill and add the corn to the high heat side.
- Cook corn, turning every few minutes, until all sides are starting to blacken. Flip Curly’s Baby Back Pork Ribs after 10 minutes and heat the other side.
- Once ribs are hot and corn is blackened, remove from grill and wrap immediately in foil.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, drain water from pot using a colander and return potatoes to pot.
- Add butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Divide mashed potatoes among 4 large bowls. Top with corn (cut off the cob with a sharp knife) and sliced ribs. Drizzle with a little extra bbq sauce and serve immediately!
This post is sponsored by Curly’s BBQ. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!