Can y’all tell I am crazy obsessed with wrapping things in biscuit dough? Pretty sure it’s obvious since this is my third “bomb” recipe in the past few months. Just like the Meatball Bombs and the Broccoli Cheese Bombs, these Buffalo Chicken Mozzarella Bombs are out of this world good.
I finally made a video to better show my folding method of the biscuit dough around the filling. As you can see, it’s super easy to do!
So my love for Buffalo flavored things has reared it’s head again. Sure, I have already shared recipes for Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas, Buffalo Hasselback Potatoes, and Buffalo Chicken Salad….but I haven’t ever stuffed it inside a biscuit! 😉
I got the idea for these when I was at a party a few weekends ago eating the classic Buffalo Chicken Dip. I started imagining it stuffed inside hot dough and I knew I would be making these as soon as humanely possible.
I invited my buffalo chicken loving neighbor over and we shared these for lunch. It made the perfect hot lunch and was a nice break from all the salads and soups I have been eating lately. (And yes, I eat soup in the summer…I eat soup year round!)
These Buffalo Chicken Mozzarella Bombs are the perfect addition to a party. You could stuff them ahead of time and store them in the fridge to bake once your guests arrived. Or, of course you can just eat them for lunch or as an awesome snack.
I used the best shredded chicken recipe ever for my chicken, but you can also grab a rotisserie chicken to make these super easy. I topped mine with extra blue cheese and green onions, but I love blue cheese. If you don’t, skip it.
Oh — and I love to dip mine in ranch dressing. Hope you enjoy these quick and delicious Buffalo Chicken Mozzarella Bombs! Make sure and check out the video at the top of the page if you have any questions on how to fold the bottom of the dough!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury Homestyle Butter Tastin’ refrigerated biscuits
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, buffalo sauce, salt, chicken, blue cheese and green onions. Stir until well combined.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit into a 4 inch round. Place a couple tablespoons of the buffalo chicken filling and a piece of fresh mozzarella in the center of each biscuit round.
- Wrap dough around filling, pressing edges to seal. Place seam side down in prepared iron skillet, leaving a little room for spreading. Continue until all biscuits have been completed.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with parmesan and serve warm!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.