Ok, so I know what you are thinking, but this is SO good. I could not keep my hands out of it. However, to be fair I love any of the “puppy chow” type things.
I am kind of embarrassed to admit that the girls and I ate the entire batch of this in a week. With it sitting on the counter, I couldn’t stop stealing handfuls. And anytime they saw me eating it — of course they had to have a bite…or six.
This has a ton of cake batter flavor and it all goes really great together with the marshmallows and cadbury eggs. You can use any candy you want, but I love how the mini cadbury eggs look.
This would be perfect wrapped up in little bags for kids for Easter. Would even be fun in their Easter basket from the Easter Bunny!
- 1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 7 cups plain chex cereal
- 1 cup vanilla or white boxed cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (1.25 oz) container pastel sprinkles
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini cadbury eggs
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate, butter and oil. Melt chocolate mixture in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until mixture is smooth – about 90 seconds total.
- Once chocolate is smooth, quickly fold in chex cereal until completely coated. Add cake mix and stir to coat. Then add powdered sugar, stirring until cereal is completely coated.
- Toss in mini marshmallows. sprinkles and cadbury eggs. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to a week!
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.