A long, long time ago I made my own cannolis and the filling had orange zest and chocolate chips. I stood over the sink and ate every last bite of the leftover filling. I seriously couldn’t stop myself. After that, I new I had to make a Cannoli Cheesecake. And somehow, I ended up making two cannoli cheesecakes!
Last weekend, a friend of mine reminded me of my love for everything chocolate & orange in cannolis and it got me to thinking about what I could do to recreate that flavor without having to go through the work of making and stuffing cannoli shells. I almost decided to make another batch of Cannoli Dip, but then I had the idea of making it into a glorious cheesecake!
I am not going to lie, I usually hate making cheesecakes. I find them to be tedious and they almost always crack on me! But as much as I hate making them, I LOVE eating them.
I decided I would use a store bought crust and throw all the ingredients into my food processor. What’s the worst that could happen?? If it didn’t work out, oh well.
Thankfully it more than worked out! I had two gorgeous cheesecakes on my hands! Jorge and my family ate one and I took the other one over to a neighborhood get together. Both were gobbled up and everyone was begging for the recipe.
- 2 (8 oz) blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 (15 oz) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 heaping cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 already prepared oreo pie crusts
- whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend cream cheese and ricotta cheese until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract and orange zest. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among pie crusts. Bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes. Let cool for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
This recipe makes two cheesecakes! Feel free to half it to just bake one instead.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.