The Perfect Monkey Bread Recipe for Fall
Apples and caramel have been showing up around here a lot lately. (Check out this Caramel Apple Dump Cake and Baked Apples with Salted Caramel Sauce!) It’s just the perfect Fall combination and I want to find ways to combine them as much as I can!
I hate that living in Florida means we can never go Apple picking. It’s something I have always dreamed of doing, however apples do not grow well in Florida. So when Crunch Time Apple Growers sent me some gorgeous SnapDragon Apples to try (fresh from the farm in New York), I was ecstatic!
What Are Snapdragon Apples?
Snapdragons are one of my favorite flowers to grow, so I had a feeling that I would love SnapDragon Apples too. I was defiantly not disappointed!
SnapDragon Apples have a delicious extra sweet and juicy flavor, as well as a perfect crispy texture. If you enjoy Honeycrisp apples, you’ll love SnapDragon apples then, with there similar taste and flavor (Honeycrisp was a parent variety of SnapDragon).
SnapDragon apples are grown in New York and were developed by Cornell University in partnership with Crunch Time Apple Growers. You can use this handy tool to find WHERE TO BUY SnapDragon Apples in a store near you.
Or, you can enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post for a chance to win a $200 gift card, SnapDragon Apples, an apple slicer and a SnapDragon apron!
How to Make Apple Monkey Bread
This gooey Caramel Apple Monkey Bread is crazy easy to make — it’s only 6 simple ingredients! — and a total guilty pleasure of mine. I love making Sunday breakfast for my little family of four and it’s always something over the top. Biscuits and gravy, pancakes and breakfast tacos come up very often in our rotation, but when I really want to be bad — we have monkey bread.
This recipe involves cans of cinnamon rolls, caramel and chunks of fresh SnapDragon Apples. It’s best served hot out of the oven with a big mug of coffee! Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 SnapDragon Apples, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cans (17.5 oz) cinnamon rolls
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramel squares, unwrapped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 12-cup bundt cake pan, set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Set aside icing tubs from cinnamon rolls and cut each cinnamon roll into quarters.
- Toss apples and cut cinnamon rolls in cinnamon sugar mixture. Toss in caramel squares. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan. Evenly pour melted butter over top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown across top.
- Cool 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate. Drizzle reserved icing or caramel sauce over top of warm bread. Serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.