Caramel Macchiato Mug Cake
This Caramel Macchiato Mug Cake is seriously probably the best mug cake I have ever made. No seriously, it’s AMAZING.
The coffee gives it such a rich flavor and you can really taste the caramel. It’s the perfect balance of fluffy and moist….plus it only takes 5 minutes to make.
I top mine with whipped cream and extra caramel sauce just like the latte version of a Caramel Macchiato. I can’t stress enough how delicious this mug cake is!
Even if you aren’t the biggest Caramel Macchiato Latte fan, this cake version will 100% change your mind. If you enjoy the flavor of coffee in sweet desserts — you know, like coffee ice cream — then you must try this mug cake as soon as humanely possible.
I made this mug cake as an experiment and was instantly in love. I immediately texted my girlfriend who lives a few doors down to hurry over and I would make her one too.
She was walking in the door as it went into the microwave and two minutes later she was inhaling it. It is so dang good! I have made it three times since last week and I swear this is the perfect recipe.
Just like all my other mug cakes, this recipe uses no egg. I find when you add an egg to a mug cake it has a weird spongey texture that I do not like.
This mug cake is completely from scratch and you probably have everything you need to make it. The only ingredient you might not have lying around is the instant coffee.
Instant coffee granules are found in the coffee section of the grocery store and are really cheap. I bought a big bottle at walmart for $2.
I used store bought caramel sauce to keep it easy, but you can make your own if you prefer. I also used store bought whipped cream.
When I am making a mug cake, I am looking for a delicious single serving dessert in under 5 minutes. I am not looking to make a big fancy dessert for myself.
Heck, I am actually usually making it for Jorge and I to share after the kiddos have gone to bed while we watch our favorite shows. What can I say, we keep it simple.
For all my coffee dessert lovers out there, this Caramel Macchiato Mug Cake is must try. It only takes 5 minutes from start to finish and is absolutely divine.
Don’t forget the whipped cream and caramel sauce on top!
Caramel Macchiato Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream for topping, optional
- caramel sauce for drizzling, optional
- In a large mug, whisk (with a small whisk or large fork) together the milk, vegetable oil, caramel sauce, vanilla extract, flour, sugar, instant coffee, baking powder and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.(The cake will rise and then sink just a little, this is normal.)
- Let cake rest for 1 minute.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce. Serve immediately!