Katie Holmes finally filed for divorce from Jump On Couches (my Indian name for Tom Cruise).
It’s freaking hot outside. You can tell because everyone and their mother is posting a picture of the temperature on Facebook. …cause you know, you totally couldn’t have known it was hot without their brilliant status update.
And I am currently addicted to crinkle cookies that you make from a box.
You are now caught up on all the important world news — according to Jessica — in just 4 sentences. Don’t you wish it was always that easy?
When I first made crinkle cookies, I imagined I would one day smash them tougher with some kind of frosting. So when Tina suggested I do it with carrot cake mix and cream cheese frosting, I knew it was destined to be.
These adorable sandwich cookies are incredibly easy, ridiculously fast and totally don’t fit into that whole “cook like your grandmother” thing. But hey…they sure are tasty. 😉
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 18.25 oz box Carrot Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs and carrot cake mix until there are no large lumps left.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls (about 1 tablespoon worth of dough) and coat in powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches for spreading.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops have cracked and the tops look set (the centers will still be slightly gooey). Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, cream butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in vanilla and cinnamon. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high until frosting is smooth.
- Scrape frosting into a piping bag with a plain circle tip, or in a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Pipe filling into the center of every other cookie, and then sandwich together.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.