I can’t believe the long weekend is already coming to an end. Sunday night Ellie woke up at midnight not feeling great (and didn’t go back to sleep until 4:30am!). It made for a very long and caffeine fueled Monday.
We had lots of fun plans to enjoy our Labor Day, but ended up sleeping in and relaxing most of the day. I felt like we all needed/deserved a special salty sweet dessert. I dug around in my pantry and ended up whipping up these Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Trifles with some things I had on hand.
It starts with chocolate brownies. I used boxed, because we were having a super lazy day and I didn’t have the energy to worry about making them from scratch.
Then I whipped up a peanut butter & chocolate cream cheese whipped filling. It’s super rich and so dang good. I could just eat it like a dip with pretzels or with a spoon like pudding. Heck, I could probably just take a bath in it.
Finally, I added salty crushed pretzels and a big healthy drizzle of caramel sauce.
Y’all. Look at that caramel drizzle. You know you want to lick your screen!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Trifle are absolutely divine and so easy to whip together. You can use boxed brownies and store bought caramel sauce to speed up the prep time.
If you love chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels and caramel…this is the dessert for you. Honestly, if you don’t love all those things, I think you need to have your head checked. 😉
All of the flavors combine together into one perfect trifle. Take a big bite and you will get my favorite combo — salty and sweet! I made individual sizes so I could share with our neighbors and everyone was thrilled to have these babies show up on their door step.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) package whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 batch baked brownies, crumbled
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- caramel sauce, for topping
- In stand mixer, whip together peanut butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Fold in the thawed whipped topping.
- Layer brownies, peanut butter mixture and pretzels. Continue layering until all ingredients have been used.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Serve chilled with caramel sauce on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 13g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.