When my friend, web designer, and one of my favorite bloggers Lindsay, of Love and Olive Oil, told me she was writing a cookbook, I was so excited for her. When she told me it was all recipes that had or tasted like cookie dough, I was ecstatic…for myself! I have been a batter eating fool my whole life. After the threat of salmonella started going around, I laughed in the face of danger and dug in with two spoons instead of one. 😉
But thanks to Lindsay’s brilliant cookie dough filled mind, I can now whip up a batch of eggless cookie dough to eat all by itself. Better yet, I can now make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bread Pudding…. or Malted Cookie Dough Milkshakes ….or even better, Cookie Dough-Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls. Seriously y’all, my jeans just can’t take all of this magic!
The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook is full of amazing recipes and beautiful, bright photos of sugar-laden, cookie dough filled desserts. Each page reveals another delicious surprise and I am looking forward to baking my way through this book!
My first recipe I tried were these Cookie Dough S’mores. Did you read that?? I said, COOKIE DOUGH S’MORES. I told you this girl was genius! I would have never thought to dress up a s’more, but now I can’t stop imagining the possibilities. The cookie dough flavor shined and paired wonderfully with the melted marshmallow, chocolate, and crisp graham crackers. I saved the remaining cookie dough for a late night snack this week…who doesn’t like using their blow torch at midnight? 😉
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 graham cracker sheets, broken in half
- 2 (1.55 ounce) bars milk chocolate
- 12 marshmallows
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and milk. Mix in flour and salt and beat on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of dough onto 12 of the graham cracker halves. Break chocolate bars into 12 equal pieces, and center one piece atop each mound of cookie dough.
- Toast marshmallows over an open flame until golden brown or charred to your liking. Place a hot marshmallow on top of cookied dough and chocolate and top with remaining graham crackers. Gently press until marshmallow begins to ooze out the sides. Let sit for 30 seconds -or as long as you can stand- to let the chocolate get sufficiently melty. Enjoy immediately.
Easy Indoor S’mores: For a flameless version of this campfire favorite, place marshmallows on graham crackers and broil for 30 to 60 seconds, or until golden brown and gooey. Or microwave marshmallows for 8 to 10 seconds, or until puffed.
Recipe from The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook
Recipe Note: I added mini chocolate chips to the cookie dough batter for a double chocolate effect. Otherwise I made the recipe exactly as posted below!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.