Decadent chocolate truffles are spiced with cayenne pepper and topped with mini marshmallows in this easy recipe! You won’t be able to have just one of these Mexican Hot Chocolate Truffles!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Truffles
LOOK! A recipe that isn’t pumpkin! Are you shocked? You should be shocked. You know how hard this is for me.
I feel like every single recipe for the next two months should be pumpkin…but I know not everyone is as obsessed as I am. Plus, even I can’t resist these Mexican hot cocoa-inspired delights!
I always forget how easy it is to make homemade truffles and then as soon as I make them I remember how impressive and delicious they are.
These truffles are a dark chocolate base spiced with cinnamon and just a little cayenne — just like Mexican Hot Chocolate! These really aren’t hot – they were tame enough that the babies enjoyed them too. However, if you are looking for spicy, you can always up the spice to fit your tastes.
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- cinnamon or mini marshmallows for decoration
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add 8 oz semisweet chocolate and cream. Cook, stirring until chocolate is completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, powdered sugar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow mixture to become firm.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of truffle filling and roll into a ball, set on prepared cookie sheet. Continue until all truffles have been rolled.
- Melt 12 oz chocolate according to package directions. Quickly dip each truffle into the melted chocolate and return it to the wax paper.
- Top with extra cinnamon or mini marshmallows for decoration. Let truffles harden by placing them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.