You might not know it, but strawberries are a big thing in Florida. We even have a Strawberry Festival in Plant City, FL every year! There are strawberry shortcakes for miles and miles and miles. It’s glorious.
With Spring officially here, the gorgeous juicy strawberries are pouring into all the farmers markets in the area. And yes, you caught that right. Spring is here to Florida. Florida has a mini Spring, a long SUMMER and a mini Fall each year. Winter is non-existent.
So when a friend of mine told me she was heading to the heart of strawberry land and asked if I wanted to split a flat of just picked strawberries…well I was SO in.
Lyla has eaten probably two whole cartons all to herself in the past couple of days. Ellie has eaten few, but that girl only has eyes for bananas. I seriously worry she might actually turn into a banana.
I decided to take a few of the last berries that we hadn’t eaten and make this crazy easy No-Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie. This is a spin on my other favorite Boozy Piña Colada Pie from last year. It’s so easy to make that I had to use the method again to create a totally different flavored pie.
There is already a ton of strawberry flavor to this pie, but if you want, you can add chopped up fresh strawberries to the main pie filling. Just be careful not to add too many because the extra juice from the berries can make the pie not set up as well.
You can also use this recipe to make a chocolate covered raspberry pie or a chocolate covered cherry pie! Both would be divine. If you love chocolate covered strawberries and pie, then you have to make this. You just have to.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry jello mix
- 2 (6 oz) strawberry flavored yogurt (I used yoplait)
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed (or 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped until stiff peaks form)
- 1 9-inch chocolate oreo pie crust (store bought or make your own)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- strawberries, for decoration
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add water. Heat for 1 minute, or until it’s just beginning to boil. Immediately whisk in strawberry jello mix, stirring until dissolved. Stir in yogurt. Fold in whipped cream (or cool whip), until well mixed. Pour into pie crust.
- Chocolate Glaze: Combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in small saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter is melted. Decrease the heat to low, add the chocolate, and whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat, add the powdered sugar, and whisk until smooth. Let chocolate glaze sit for 5 minutes until it has cooled slightly and started to thicken just a little bit. Then slowly pour on top and push towards the edges.
- Top with strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.