Baked Taquitos made with slow cooker pulled pork are an easy party appetizer idea! Ready for dipping in a sweet-savory homemade BBQ honey mustard, guests will love this delicious yet simple finger food.
The weekend came and went insanely fast. Jorge and I spent the weekend relaxing and hanging out with the babies and our extended family. Having everyone over these days can be a bit stressful. It used to be no big deal for people to come by and hang out, but now with two babies crawling all over the place it gets a little more difficult.
I like to have my house clean and presentable and something to offer people to eat. I try to keep dips and appetizers around to pull out, but sometimes you need more than that.
On those days, I like to turn to my handy dandy crockpot. I slow cooked the pork with onions, garlic and chili powder and then shredded it once everyone came over so it was fresh and hot.
I handed my parents the kiddos when they walked in, and I started rolling these Pulled Pork Taquitos. I smartly made the Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce ahead of time, while the babies were napping, so I didn’t have to worry about it and just pulled it out of the fridge once everyone was ready to eat.
It is no secret on this blog that I love anything with pulled pork. (Ahem: one, two & three.) Finding a new way to enjoy pulled pork is great and I love that it is not completely coated in sweet bbq sauce. Yes there is some homemade Honey Mustard BBQ Suace for dipping, but it is still over all healthier. And y’all, that sauce is amazing!
These Pulled Pork Taquitos are baked, not fried and they have a ton of flavor. My dad — who is the pickiest eater — loved them and ate 7. SEVEN. Seriously, you gotta try these taquitos asap!
P.S. I made my Mama’s Best Banana Pudding for dessert and it was the perfect dessert to complete our easy Southern dinner!
- Pulled Pork Taquitos
- 1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 vegetable stock
- 16 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I prefer Cholula)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot sauce, to taste
- In a slowcooker, add pork, onion and garlic. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt. Pour in vegetable stock and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove pork from juices and shred.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds, this will make them easy to roll. Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup shredded pork. Spread cheese evenly over the pork. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam sides down on prepared baking sheets. Continue until all pork has been used.
- Brush taquitos lightly with olive oil. Bake for 12 minutes, or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately with dipping sauce!
- Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce: In a small sauté pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, and sauté until soft. Remove from heat. Add onion, dijon mustard, honey, bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, hot sauce, hot sauce and salt to a blender (or food processor) and puree until smooth.
- Serve with taquitos or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.