These Veggie Spring Rolls are colorful, crunchy and full of fresh vegetables. Great as an appetizer, side dish or even a quick lunch! Best of all, this easy to make recipe is both vegetarian and vegan friendly!
- 2 oz dry black bean spaghetti or buckwheat soba noodles cooked according to package. Drained and reserved.
- ½ cup cilantro, loosely packed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 basil leaves, chiffonade or minced if necessary
- 20 mint leaves, chiffonade or minced if necessary
- ½ cup purple or regular carrot, grated
- ½ cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced, about 2″ long
- ½ orange bell pepper, thinly sliced, about 2″ long
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced, about 2″ long
- 1 firm avocado, halved and pit removed
- 1 package spring roll wrappers
Toss first 9 ingredients together and set aside.
Find an undamaged sheet of rice paper and hold it under warm water for about 10 seconds or until the sheet is pliable. By holding it in your hand, you will be able to feel when it gets to the right consistency and it is easier to move to a plate to fill.
Place the sheet onto a wooden cutting board or large ceramic plate. Place about one ounce of filling onto the rice paper, off-center, closest to you. Using a spoon, scoop out a ¼-inch thick wedge of avocado and set it onto the filling.
Pull the bottom of the rice paper over the top of the filling then fold both sides over toward the center (like a burrito). Gently pulling toward you, roll the spring roll up toward the top.
Cut spring rolls in half and serve with dipping sauce.
Adapted from: Roberto Martin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 9gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.