These Meatball Bombs are stuffed with marinara, meatball and cheese, then wrapped in dough and topped with a seasoned garlic butter. They are quick to make and have so much flavor!
Spaghetti and Meatballs is one of our favorite weeknight meals around here. I buy my meatballs already prepared (not cooked, but seasoned and rolled into balls) already at Publix and it makes an amazing quick weeknight dinner that the whole family will eat!
A lot of times we just eat the leftovers for lunch or turn them into a big meatball sub for Jorge, but I wanted to do something new with them.
I thought of all those “bombs” that people make with pepperoni and I thought why the heck not try it with meatballs. BEST IDEA EVER. Jorge downed 4 of these in literally two minutes. And dare I say, they were so much better than the classic with pepperoni!
They are really easy to make as you can see here. You just flatten out the canned biscuit dough and fill it with a meatball, sauce and cheese.
Fold it up into a little ball and press down to seal the edges. Then top it with seasoned garlic butter and bake. I baked them on a silicone baking mat (ps if you get that one, it fits perfect in this big 18 x 13 jelly roll pan), because they might leak a little sauce and they can stick to a regular pan. If you don’t have a silicone mat, use parchment paper!
If you are looking for something to please the whole family – these Meatball Bombs are that something. They are a great way to repurpose leftover meatballs, but if you don’t have any leftover — you can always use frozen cooked meatballs instead!
I can imagine these being perfect for a football party, an appetizer, or shoveling them in for lunch like we did. Either way, I know you are all going to love these!
Note: If your meatball is a really large meatball, cut them in half when stuffing them in the dough. Make sure and seal the bottom (pinch the dough together) so they don’t open while baking.
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury Homestyle Butter Tastin’ refrigerated biscuits
- 8 cooked Italian-style meatballs (if using frozen, let thaw completely)
- 1 cup marinara/pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or Italian blend)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit into a 4 inch round.
- Place 1 meatball and 2 tablespoons marinara in center of each dough round. Top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal. Place seam side down, leaving room for spreading on prepared baking sheet. Continue until all biscuits have been completed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Evenly spoon on top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 520mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.