OLD BAY Crispy Cauliflower Cocktail: a vegetarian twist on the classic shrimp cocktail featuring sheet pan crispy baked cauliflower for an easy lent dinner!
Fat Tuesday has quickly come and gone, meaning Lent has arrived. In our house, that means a lot more fish and vegetarian dinners! I am excited to be working with McCormick to help bring you flavorful seafood-centric meals to your table.
Jorge and I actively try to eat more meatless dinners and it’s easier when those dinners are delicious. This OLD BAY Crispy Cauliflower Cocktail definitely checks the delicious box for us!
You start with fresh cauliflower florets and quickly dip them in a bath of egg and milk. Then we bread them with a mixture of McCormick Golden Dipt Seafood Fry Mix and OLD BAY Seasoning.
Into the oven they go, for about 20 minutes, and then you are quickly dipping them into McCormick Original Cocktail Sauce as fast as you can without burning your fingers! So good!
Easy dinners are always on my mind, so I love that this OLD BAY Crispy Cauliflower Cocktail is one of those lovely sheet pan dishes. Easy clean up is the name of the game on a Friday night around our house!
Cauliflower is always a great meat alternative and the mixture of McCormick Golden Dipt Seafood Fry Mix and OLD BAY Seasoning helps give that more authentic flavor.
It is really easy to mix the two together and get everything into the oven quickly. There are only 5 necessary ingredients to this easy dish!
We serve our OLD BAY Crispy Cauliflower Cocktail with squeezes of citrusy lemon, a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley or cilantro and lots of McCormick Original Cocktail Sauce.
If you aren’t a huge fan of cauliflower, this recipe also converts to fish! Just make sure your fish reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, which should take just about the same amount of time, 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filet.
I hope you give this OLD BAY Crispy Cauliflower Cocktail a try, I promise it will be a big hit!
It’s a super easy sheet pan recipe, that is still full of bold flavors and great as an appetizer or a meatless dinner. What more could you ask for?
Old Bay Crispy Cauliflower Cocktail
- 1 (10 oz) package McCormick Golden Dipt Seafood Fish Fry
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY Seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- lemon wedges
- McCormick Original Cocktail Sauce
- chopped parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine McCormick Golden Dipt Seafood Fish Fry and OLD BAY Seasoning, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add cauliflower florets, stir well to coat thoroughly.
- Working with one floret at a time, remove from the egg mixture and let any excess egg drain off. Quickly coat with flour mixture and place on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until fork tender. Serve with lemon wedges, McCormick Original Cocktail Sauce and fresh parsley.
This post is sponsored by McCormick and OLD BAY. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!