Pulled Pork Corn Chip Pie: upgrade your favorite tailgate food with this easy pulled pork chili corn chip pie served with cheddar cheese, sour cream and onions!
Growing up in Texas, many of my Friday nights were spent going to the high school football games. I wasn’t exactly always watching the game, but I was there hanging out with my friends and eating!
One of my most common concession stand treats were the corn chip pies. It wasn’t fancy by any means, but I still remember them being so good.
They put everything directly into the chip bag so it mixed all together and the cheese was the neon nacho cheese that comes out of a pump. The chili meat…well, I probably don’t really want to know.
I figured we needed an upgrade on the classic and that is where this Pulled Pork Corn Chip Pie idea came from! You start with a super easy (and quick!) homemade chili and add two pounds of Curly’s Pulled Pork.
Thankfully Curly’s BBQ is already cooked, so you don’t have to worry about any extra time spent smoking your own pork or shredding it. It’s all done for you!
You can find Curly’s BBQ in the refrigerated meat case at your local grocery store. I like to buy mine at Publix, when it is BOGO, because I have easy dinners and lunches ready to go anytime I need them.
Their pulled beef is a personal favorite of ours and I also love their sauceless chicken for use in all kinds of dishes! You can see more delicious recipes featuring all of Curly’s different products by watching videos made by Curly’s Kitchen & Chef Clara. You can find them all here: RoadTripEats.com/videos
I topped my Pulled Pork Corn Chip Pie with cheddar cheese and melted it in the oven. However, you can definitely use a hot nacho cheese to pour on top for nostalgia.
Then I topped it all off with a hearty scoop of sour cream, green onion and red onion. One onion will do just fine on top, I just really love crunchy fresh onion.
I hope you give this Pulled Pork Corn Chip Pie a try! It’s a new spin on a classic that any pulled pork fan will love!
Pulled Pork Corn Chip Pie
- 2 (16 oz) packages Curly's Pulled Pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (10 oz) can rotel, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 15.5 oz kidney beans, drained
- 1 15.5 oz pinto beans, drained
- 1 (8oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (9.25 oz bag) corn chips
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream, for topping
- green onions or red onion, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick spray.
- In a large dutch oven over medium high heat, add olive oil, red bell pepper, onion and rotel. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and let cook for 30 seconds. Then stir in kidney beans, pinto beans, tomato sauce and water.
- Bring to a low boil and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Fold in pulled pork and let cook for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In prepared casserole dish, spread corn chips in an even layer. Spread chili on top of corn chips and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve hot topped with sour cream and onions.
This post is sponsored by Curly’s, however all opinions are 100% my own.