Enjoy the famous blueberry muffins served at Walt Disney World resorts in the 1970’s with this easy one-bowl recipe. Once you’ve tried Disney’s Blueberry Muffins, you’ll be hooked for life!
Disney’s Blueberry Muffins
Old cookbooks are an addiction for me — I am truly obsessed! I have saved so many from family members who were going to donate/toss them.
I can pour over their pages for hours and love finding old recipes from decades past.
Recently, I found an old cookbook from the 1970’s that has many recipes that were served at Walt Disney World.
You all know how Disney obsessed I am, so this was a super exciting find and the first recipe I couldn’t wait to make were Disney’s Blueberry Muffins!
All of the recipes in the book feature Dixie Crystals Sugar, which was the official sugar at all Walt Disney World properties in 1972.
Also, the recipes were all of actual recipes served to guests at the resorts or parks! How cool is that??
I am planning on working my way through the book, but this muffin recipe was so classic I wanted to share asap!
I did change just a couple of things from the original recipe for these Disney’s Blueberry Muffins.
However, the changes are really very minor. I wanted to stay true to this classic throwback recipe!
First, the recipe said it made 12 Disney’ Blueberry Muffins and they baked for 25 minutes in a 380°f oven.
The recipe DID make 12 standard size muffins, but they cooked much, much faster — just 15 minutes.
Also, can we talk about how strange of a time that is? 380°F?
I’m thinking I should start using random times that are 5°F off the standard temperatures, just to see if you all are paying attention.
I also swapped the liquid shortening the original recipe called for and used vegetable oil in it’s place.
I wanted to update the recipe to what we all normally have in our pantries these days.
Lastly, I added a splash of vanilla extract. But you can absolute skip it, if you want the true traditional Disney recipe version!
I had an adorable helper in this video, make sure and watch if you like cute kids baking. ;-)
Disney’s Blueberry Muffins: Enjoy these famous Blueberry Muffins, served at Walt Disney World resorts in the 1970’s, with this easy, one-bowl, throwback recipe! #DisneyWorld #Disney #Muffins #Blueberries
This recipe was developed for Dixie Crystals
Disney's Blueberry Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or 3/4 cup canned blueberries
- Preheat oven to 380°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk together.
- Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3rd way full. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until muffins are lightly browned and spring back to the touch.
- These muffins freeze well. To serve, wrap in foil and heat in 250°F oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.