This comforting Peppermint White Hot Chocolate will make you feel like the Grinch when his heart grew 3 sizes! It’s made quickly on the stove and topped with homemade green whipped cream and red candy hearts!
Festive Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
It’s December and we can officially all be excited for Christmas now! I know my girls are beyond excited.
What better way to celebrate the holiday season than with an adorable glass of this Grinch Hot Chocolate?!
Even if you don’t love the Grinch (p.s. how dare you!!), you will love this Peppermint White Hot Chocolate.
It’s so easy to make and you can even keep it warm in a slow cooker to serve for a Christmas party.
If you want a fun adult holiday drink, make sure and check out this amazing Puerto Rican Coquito recipe!
The Grinch is an annual movie tradition around our house, both the classic cartoon and the Jim Carry version.
When Ellie and Lyla were both younger, they were scared of the live action Grinch movie.
Thankfully they have finally come around and enjoy it now just as much as I do!
I wanted to make something special for the three of us to enjoy before we went and saw the new Grinch movie.
I decided I would try out some Grinch themed white hot chocolate since it wouldn’t take long to make.
The Best Christmas Hot Chocolate Recipe
I wasn’t planning on blogging this holiday drink, but it was such a huge hit with the kids that I had to share the recipe ASAP!
It’s a really easy recipe to make and easily customizable for your family.
My girls love peppermint and all things candy cane related, so we made ours into a Peppermint Hot White Chocolate.
However, you can skip the peppermint extract and then it will just be a standard white hot chocolate.
You make this Grinch Hot Chocolate recipe quickly on the stovetop by melting all the white chocolate and cream together until smooth.
Then all you have to do is add the remaining ingredients and heat it until it’s nice and hot! It’s really that easy!
You can serve it warm right away from the stove or you can transfer it to a slow cooker, set to warm, to keep it hot.
This would be a wonderful Christmas party drink that all ages could enjoy.
For the adults, you could even add a splash of peppermint schnapps!
If I wasn’t having a baby any day, I’d love to throw a party this year and have a white hot chocolate bar set up.
Some fun toppings/mix-ins could be the green whipped cream, peppermint schnapps (for adults), candy canes and red candy hearts!
Since you could make everything ahead of time, it would be really easy to set up and forget about it.
If you are looking to serve a large crowd, I would make sure and triple the recipe!
This Peppermint White Hot Chocolate uses a combination of white chocolate chips, heavy cream and half and half.
They definitely make it extra creamy and delicious!
I would not recommend substituting either for the best flavor, however you can use whole milk in place of the half and half if need be.I can’t wait to hear how much your kids love this Grinch themed Peppermint White Hot Chocolate!
It’s a simple enough recipe that they can even help you make it!
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
For the White Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract, to taste
For the Green Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- green gel food coloring
- red heart sprinkles, for topping
- For the Hot Cocoa
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted.
- Stir in the half-and-half, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Stir occasionally until heated through.
- Pour into mugs and top with green whipped cream and garnish with red heart sprinkles and/or a candy cane.
- For the Whipped Cream
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and a few drops of green food coloring into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- This recipe makes 4 jumbo servings of hot chocolate
- Slow Cooker: to keep the hot chocolate warm for a party, place it in a slow cooker set to warm. Stir it occasionally as needed
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.