Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta: this delicious Italian pasta recipe is filled with chicken, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese.
Ooooh pasta. You really are one of the great loves of my life.
This is an epically good homemade romantic dinner for two. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.
And this Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta, is truly one of the best ones I have made in a long time.
It’s loaded with chunks of tender chicken breasts, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes in a white wine sauce.
To finish it all off, I add a good amount of goat cheese sprinkled on top right before serving. Totally optional, but completely delicious.
Chicken Breasts vs Chicken Thighs
I use chicken breasts in this Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta.
However, a great alternative is to use chicken thighs cut into chunks instead.
Chicken thighs are more moist than chicken breast, so it’s really a personal choice.
And if you are in a super quick hurry, you can also use meat from a rotisserie chicken.
Optional Ingredient Swaps:
I like to use goat cheese on top at the very end. It gives added creamy little hidden bites among the pasta.
However, I know I am a goat cheese fiend and not everyone is. So another great option is feta.
Feta cheese is a firmer saltier cheese than goat cheese, but still will add a great texture and flavor to the overall dish!
You can also add capers to this recipe for an extra hint of saltiness.
Pasta: Spaghetti or Angel Hair
Or linguini or bowtie pasta! The options are endless and they all do well with this recipe for Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta.
Whatever pasta you choose, just make sure to cook it till al dente by doing a taste test before draining your pasta.
Then quickly toss it in a little olive oil post draining and quickly sauce it.
This will keep it from sticking to each other and let the sauce coat the pasta well.
I hope you try this recipe for Chicken, Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta!
It is perfectly balanced and let’s each ingredient shine through. Plus, it’s easy to make!
The whole recipe comes together in 30 minutes from start to finish.
Make sure and start your pasta water boiling when you are getting started so it’s ready to go.
The rest of the meal comes together quickly and you are diving in fork first. 😉
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz thin spaghetti pasta
- 6 oz crumbled goat cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion, cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and sauté until chicken is no longer pink on outside (Chicken will not be cooked through at this point - you are just cooking the outside.)
- Set a large stock pot of water over high heat to bring to a boil. Continue with the rest of the recipe while the water comes to a boil.
- Add chicken stock, white wine, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, add a tablespoon of salt to boiling water and add pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain pasta and toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Transfer pasta to a large bowl or individual plates.
- Spoon chicken and sauce mixture over top of the pasta and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 646Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 52g