This epically delicious Lemon Lava Cake is sweet, zesty and full of bright lemon flavor! It’s made in just 30 minutes from start to finish with only one bowl!
Dreamy Lemon Lava Cake Recipe
Are you a lava cake lover? Have you ever made one at home? I hadn’t until a few months ago.
For some reason, I assumed they were hard to make. I have no idea why, but I did.
I think it was the molten centers, it made me think it must be tricky to make.
However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it’s actually pretty easy to make a molten lava cake!
I was a little nervous on how this Lemon Lava Cake would turn out…but these Lemon Lava Cakes were seriously divine.
Jorge asked me to make them for dessert multiple times this week. (Yes, my pants are a little tight.)
The first time I made them, Jorge and I ate two in a matter of minutes — no joke. We even have the tongue burn to prove it!
How to Make Lemon Lava Cakes
These Lemon Lava Cakes are super easy to make and you only need one bowl to make them!
You melt together the white chocolate and butter. Whisk in the flour, powdered sugar, lemon curd, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
In the same bowl, we add the eggs and egg yolks and then pour the batter into ramekins.
Then we bake them for 15 minutes and they are DONE! So easy!
I served these Lemon Lava Cakes for a get together over the weekend and everyone was in love with them. They are just so bright and citrusy!
Just like the chocolate ones – they are made with melted butter and white chocolate so it has the same classic texture we all love.
If you like Lemon Soufflé, you will love these Lemon Lava Cakes.
It’s the same idea, but molten in the middle…and you don’t have to whip your egg whites. Win-win!
- 5 ounces white chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Lemon Curd
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Butter 8 six-ounce ramekins. Place on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave white chocolate and butter for 1 minute. Stir and continue microwaving in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Once melted, whisk in flour, powdered sugar, lemon curd, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Add eggs and egg yolks, whisking until well combined.
- Divide evenly among prepared ramekins. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are set. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the edge of the cake to loosen the cake. Invert onto serving plate and top with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 235mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 9g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.