Make some room on your holiday cookie plate for these festive Meringue Christmas Trees! Homemade meringue cookies are tinted green and decorated with holiday sprinkles!
Meringue Christmas Trees
Christmas is FULL BLOWN in our house. I am, of course, the most excited person in the house since the girls don’t really grasp it yet. The house has been decked to the nines on the outside and inside and I am already dreading New Years when I have to take it all down.
I am so Christmas insane, that I even made my own sprinkle mix for these Meringue Christmas Trees. I mixed about 6 different sprinkles together to create the mix you see gracing the trees and I just love how it turned out. It almost looks like a sprinkle garland!
I love meringue cookies and making your own really is so easy if you have a stand mixer or hand mixer.
Beating the egg whites only takes a couple of minutes and then you’re off to piping and decorating. For these trees, I used a large closed star tip and they wound up being about 4 inches tall.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or with a silicone baking sheet.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites, salt, cream of tartar, vanilla extract and almond extract until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add sugar, while whisking. Add green food coloring until desired color is reached. Transfer egg mixture to a piping bag with a star tip attached.
- Pipe into Christmas tree shapes. Top with sprinkles.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then turn off oven. Let sit for 15 more minutes and then remove form oven and allow to cool completely before removing from cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.