Make this amazingly easy and delicious Pumpkin Mug Cake recipe in just 5 minutes, with only 5 ingredients! This rich, moist, and tender spiced cake in a cup is the perfect fall dessert.
Craving a sweet pumpkin dessert but don’t want an entire pumpkin cake or batch of pumpkin muffins in your house?
I TOTALLY GET IT. I have zero control when it comes to desserts taunting me from the kitchen.
That’s where this incredibly easy Pumpkin Mug Cake comes in super handy.
Not only is it delicious, but it takes 5 minutes from start to finish to whip together.
Top it with a dollop of whipped cream or even a drizzle of caramel and prepare to fall in love!
Pumpkin Mug Cake Ingredients
- vanilla cake mix (white or spiced cake mix also work!)
- canned pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- vegetable oil
This mug cake recipe does not need any eggs – making it the perfect easy cake in a cup with a great egg free texture.
The milk can be swapped for water or almond/coconut milk as needed.
You can also replace the pumpkin pie spice with cinnamon if that’s what you have on hand! It’s just as tasty!
With all the pumpkin love in this house, it should be no surprise that I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to create the best pumpkin mug cake, ever.
I have now tried 9 recipe combinations (for purely scientific reasons – of course) and this is by far the best version I keep coming back to.
Once you try this Pumpkin Mug Cake, you are probably going to want to make it every single night…consider this your warning. ;-)
Easy Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe
- 6 tablespoons vanilla cake mix
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- powdered sugar
- In a large mug, whisk (with a small whisk or large fork) together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, milk, and vegetable oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Top with whipped cream (and extra cinnamon if you love it like me!) and serve immediately!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.