Ultimate Mint Brownies
Ultimate Mint Brownies: rich chocolate fudge brownies, with a layer of mint oreo cookies baked into them, are topped with andes mints & crushed mint oreos!
My babies are getting ready to go to preschool and I am not coping with it well, so I have been baking. Lots and lots of baking. Imagine countertops filled with platters of cookies, cakes and a tray of these Ultimate Mint Brownies.
I guess I shouldn’t call them babies anymore since they will be THREE in just eight short days (please pretend you don’t hear me sobbing through your computer), but to me they are still tiny newborns.
So like I said, I have been in a baking frenzy and keeping myself busy in the kitchen. …but then while I am busy whipping up another batch of Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins, the girls start climbing up and helping me whisk and trying to eat the batter.
And while I am NOT a cryer, I have found many a tear running down my face lately at the thought of them going off to school without me.
I know they are going to love school, especially my social butterfly Lyla. And yes, I really need more time to work, but boy am I going to miss spending our days together. And when my sweet Ellie starts crying when it comes time for me to leave on the first day…oh man. I can’t even think about it.
All I am saying is, I hope y’all are ready for the arsenal of baking come August 28th!!! I can tell you one thing, my jeans are absolutely not ready for it. Thank god we are heading into legging and sweater weather!
These Ultimate Mint Brownies are seriously that, the best dang mint brownies…ever. They can be as easy as you want them to be with a box brownie mix…or you can make the brownie part from scratch. It’s up to you!
Then you layer mint oreos along the bottom of the pan and pour your brownie batter on top. Bake them until they are perfectly fudgey.
Out come the brownies from the oven and on go the andes mints! Two packages of andes mints, in fact!
Let those melt a little in the oven for a minute or two, swirl them around and then top it all off with more crushed mint oreos.
These are the ULTIMATE Mint Oreos for good reason. I promise all my mint chocolate lovers are going to obsess over these brownies for years.
Ultimate Mint Brownies
Ultimate Mint Brownies: chocolate fudge brownies, with a layer of mint oreo cookies baked into them, are topped with sweet andes mints and crushed mint oreos!
- 18.4 oz box brownie mix, plus ingredients to prepare brownies according to package (or make brownies from scratch)
- 1 package (15.25 oz) Mint Oreos, divided
- 2 packages (4.67 oz) Andes Mints (56 mints), unwrapped
- Grease a 9 inch square pan with butter. Line the bottom of the pan with mint oreos in an even layer. Chop the remaining leftover oreos and set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter according to directions on package. Pour brownie batter on top of oreos and bake until done. The brownies are done when a toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Add andes mints on top and spread in an even layer. Return to oven for 2 minutes to melt a little. Remove from oven and use a knife to spread them evenly.
- Sprinkle mint oreos over the top of the andes mints and let cool completely, about an hour.
- Slice and serve or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Similar recipes I think you will also love: