Pumpkin Sheet Cake: this easy homemade spiced pumpkin cake, is made in a sheet pan, in just 30 minutes and frosted with a creamy cinnamon cream cheese icing!
PUMPKIN SHEET CAKE! I feel like I need to shout that out loud because it’s SOOOO good.
I wish there was a scratch and sniff button for screens right about now.
Y’all would be dying for a slice if you could just smell this crazy delicious pumpkin cake.
This cake might actually have surpassed my previous favorite pumpkin cake — the famous Pumpkin Dream Cake.
Are you shocked?? I know I am! That cake has reigned supreme since 2012, but I think it has finally been beat.
And to be honest, the only reason this Pumpkin Sheet Cake might win that fight is because it is SO much easier to make.
It’s still a from scratch, totally homemade cake, but it only takes 30 minutes to make? Are you sold yet?!
This Pumpkin Sheet Cake is a moist spiced pumpkin cake that uses melted butter for easiness.
Then you pour on some gorgeous cinnamon cream cheese frosting that sinks a little into the cake as it cools. It’s pure heaven!
I made this cake while Jorge was out of town and I seriously could not stop myself from eating it.
It was so bad, that I started slicing it up and taking it to neighbors immediately.
I did not have a choice — I HAD to get it out of the house ASAP or I was literally going to eat the entire pan all by myself.
This cake recieved some of the best reviews I have gotten in a long time.
Multiple people were convinced I bought it somewhere and everyone insisted on having the recipe ASAP. That is always a good feeling!
You will need a heavy duty 13 X 18 sheet pan for baking the cake in.In a pinch, you can bake it in a 9×13 pan, but it will take longer to bake and the cake to icing ratio will not be as perfect.
This cake travels wonderfully so it is great for a party or a potluck.
However, it is also divine if eaten all alone, while standing over the sink, shoveling it in with a giant fork.
Not that I would know anything about that. 😉
Pumpkin Sheet Cake:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pureed plain pumpkin (canned plain pumpkin)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 18 jelly roll pan with butter or spray with Baker's Joy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, milk, pumpkin and sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract. Then whisk in flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared jelly roll pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting: in a large bowl cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon on low speed until combined.
- Then whisk in powered sugar - beating on high until frosting is smooth. Spread frosting on top of cake.
- Refrigerate cake until ready to serve, and let cake rest on counter for 10 minutes before serving to let it warm up just a little.
I am an Amazon affiliate member and I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases. Thank you!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 1gSugar: 67gProtein: 4g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.