Easy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
This phenomenal Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake has a thick layer of cheesecake, topped with a layer of spiced pumpkin cheesecake, all wrapped in a graham cracker crust!
Move over Pumpkin Pie, this year it’s time to try this gorgeously layered Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake!
Starting from the bottom we have a graham cracker crust — you can use a store bought crust or make your own.
Then we have a thick layer of sweet cheesecake and a second layer of spiced pumpkin cheesecake on top.
It takes about 10 minutes to whip this pumpkin pie cheesecake together and into the oven it goes!
The hardest part is waiting for this pumpkin cheesecake to cool and then chill in the refrigerator.
It needs at least an hour to cool completely on the counter and then into the fridge it goes for a minimum of 3 hours.
So if you are counting, it will take 4 hours after baking for this pumpkin pie cheesecake to be ready to eat!
I know that’s hard, but I usually bake it the night before so then I can sleep through the chilling time. 😉
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Ingredients
Are you ready for this?! You only need SEVEN ingredients for this Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake:
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- graham cracker crust
And most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Like most pumpkin baking recipes, you want to use pure canned pumpkin puree — not pumpkin pie filling.
Graham Cracker Crust for Pumpkin Cheesecake
You can use a homemade graham cracker crust or a 9 inch store-bought one.
Admittedly, I often use a store-bought one out of pure laziness. It’s so easy to grab one and have this pie into the oven in just 10 minutes!
However, if you are a make it all yourself kind of person, below you will find my favorite graham cracker crust recipe to go with pumpkin cheesecake.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until well blended .
- Press mixture with your fingers evenly into an 9 inch pie plate.
- Pour pumpkin cheesecake layers, as directed in recipe below, into unbaked graham cracker crust. Bake as directed.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake:
This recipe is very easy to make with only a handful of ingredients needed.
Start by beating together the cheesecake layer ingredients until smooth.
Add 1 1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter to the graham cracker pie crust.
Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to the remaining cheesecake batter and whisk until smooth.
Pour it on top of the plain cheesecake layer and pop it into the oven — no water bath needed!
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool and then chill for at least 3 hours. Serve with whipped cream on top!
Tips to avoid cracks in your cheesecake!
This Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake does not need a water bath, but there are a few tips to keep it from cracking:
- Make sure you use room temperature cream cheese and add the eggs one at a time.
- Do not over bake. The cheesecake is finished when the center is *just* almost set. It will finish firming up when it chills.
- Lastly, make sure you allow this pumpkin pie cheesecake to cool completely before transferring it to the fridge.
If for some reason you do get a noticeable crack, there are two common solutions to try:
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes, then wet your finger with water and try running it along the crack.
- If that doesn’t work, cover it with whip cream and enjoy! In the end, no one cares if it cracked, just that it tastes good!
I can not wait for you all to try this Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake — I just know you are going to love it as much as we do.
While this cheesecake looks incredibly impressive, it is actually very EASY to make with simple ingredients.
Please leave a review/comment below letting me know how this pumpkin cheesecake recipe turns out for you!
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust (store bought or homemade)
- whip cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined. Blend in eggs one at a time, until smooth.
- Remove 1 1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter and spread it into the bottom of the graham cracker crust; set aside.
- Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to the remaining cheesecake batter and whisk gently until well combined. Carefully spread the pumpkin layer over the plain cheesecake layer with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool (about 1 hour), then refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired!
Leftovers: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Make Ahead: Yes, you can make this pumpkin cheesecake ahead of time. Store it wrapped tightly in saran wrap until ready to serve.
Freeze: Yes, you can freeze this cheesecake! Allow to thaw in the fridge for 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 202 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 138mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g