This easy Jiffy Corn Casserole recipe is a delicious cross between corn soufflé and a sweet corn pudding! It’s a cozy side dish that’s perfect for weeknight dinners and Thanksgiving alike.
An Easy Jiffy Corn Casserole Recipe
This casserole goes by many names, but I know it best as Corn Casserole. Some of you may know it as Corn Pudding and a few of you may even call it Jiffy Corn Casserole.
No matter what you call it, this recipe is always absolutely delicious and a staple at any holiday gathering here in the South. It’s super EASY to make with just 6 ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need (see recipe card below for specific amounts):
- Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Canned cream style corn – This adds a lovely creaminess to the finished casserole.
- Canned corn kernels – Adding whole corn kernels create the perfect texture.
- Sour cream
- Melted butter
- Cheddar cheese – You can use a few types of shredded cheese, but I most recommend a mild or sharp cheddar cheese for the best flavor.
How to Make Jiffy Corn Casserole
This casserole recipe couldn’t be any easier to make! I promise! Even the kids could make this recipe! Here’s what you do:
- Prep your tools: Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Combine all the ingredients. Add everything to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Bake: Pour the corn casserole batter into your prepared dish and bake for 45-50 minutes. Your casserole is done when the center is no longer jiggly and the top is golden brown.
- Cool & Serve: Let it cool for 10 minutes, then serve! This corn casserole will continue to get firmer the more it cools.
How to Make Crockpot Corn Casserole
You can also make this recipe in a slow cooker if you need oven space. The final product is a little different — more scoopable — but delicious all the same! If you are cramped for oven space, you can pop everything into the crockpot early in the day and let it cook while you do other things.
Here’s how to do it:
- Prep: Lightly spray a large crock pot bowl with non stick spray.
- Mix: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and pour into crockpot.
- Cook: Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring once halfway through.
- Serve warm right from the crock pot!
The ingredients for the casserole recipe all stay the same, just the method changes a little!
This Corn Casserole, or Corn Pudding depending on where you are from, is an absolutely delicious side dish.
When you try this casserole recipe, please make sure and come back and leave a comment or review letting me know how it turned out for you!
- 1 package (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until center is no longer jiggly and top is turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.