With this Taco Bell copycat recipe, you can enjoy a homemade crunchwrap supreme that is even better than the original! With seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and a crunchy tostada shell, this handheld dinner has everything you could want.
Why You’ll Love This Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
Melty, creamy, crunchy, cheesy- this dish has it all! If you are looking for a favorite texture or flavor, look no further than the Taco bell Crunchwrap Supreme.
- Better Than Takeout: With freshly made, well seasoned ground beef and all the fillings, this wrap has everything your looking for without the drive-thru line!
- Totally Customizable: You can make this crunchwrap to fit your tastes by swapping proteins, cheeses, or spices. You can even use low carb tortillas!
- Quick & Easy: Making your own take out is easier than you think! For an easy weeknight dinner, you can prepare the ground beef ahead of time and then you just have to assemble them!
What Is A Crunchwrap Supreme?
Over 20 years ago, Taco Bell debuted the Crunchwrap Supreme and it has been a menu staple ever since. It is all the best parts of tacos and nachos combined together into a hand held meal.
It consists of a flour tortilla, nacho cheese sauce, beef, chicken, or beans, a crunchy tostada, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a small tortilla all wrapped in the larger tortilla, then grilled to perfection.
Grab these ingredients and you can enjoy a crunchwrap supreme at home. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Ground Beef: I used lean ground beef, but you can use ground turkey, chicken or refried beans instead. If you love spicy foods, try using my spicy taco meat instead!
- Taco Seasoning
- Beef Broth: This gives the beef extra juiciness.
- Flour Tortillas: You will need two sizes of flour tortillas, burrito sized and street taco size. The burrito tortilla is not big enough to fully wrap around the Crunchwrap.
- Tostada Shells: You can sub tortilla chips for the tostada shells (a crispy corn tortilla). A nice crunch in the wrap is key!
- Nacho Cheese Sauce: The “secret sauce” of what makes this meal so gooey and good! You can use a homemade cheese sauce, or queso, if you prefer.
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce: Iceberg adds that cool, crispy crunch.
- Shredded Cheese: Mexican blend, shredded cheddar or your favorite blend.
- Cilantro: This is not included in the original, but adds a lot of flavor.
How To Make A Crunchwrap
With a few simple cooking steps and a lot of layering, this recipe is done faster than it’ll take you to drive, order, and get home! For exact instructions, scroll to the recipe card!
- Beef: Add your taco seasoning to your ground beef in a large skillet and cook until no longer pink, breaking apart in crumbles as you cook.
- Tortillas: Wrap your tortilla in a wet paper towel and microwave till softened.
- Layer: Spread the nacho cheese on the large flour tortilla, add cooked taco meat and top with the tostada shell. Spread the sour cream over the tostada, then top with the lettuce, tomato, cilantro, and shredded cheese.
- Fold: Add the small flour tortilla on top and then fold in the edges. I use a spoon to hold it down while I fold.
- Cook: Heat oil in a skillet and toast your crunchwrap until golden brown.
- Enjoy immediately!
Tips & Variation Ideas
Here are a few tips to guarantee success or ways you can make it your own:
- Assemble Hot: Make sure your beef and cheese sauce are both nice and hot before assembling the crunchwraps. This will help the cheese melt and the crunch wrap to be warm all the way through. You are only crisping the outside in the skillet.
- One Size Tortilla: If you would prefer to purchase just one size of tortillas, you can save money by cutting your extra burrito tortillas into a smaller sized tortillas.
- Breakfast: Try it with scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns for the layers.
- Veggies: You can add sautéed bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or jalapeños, if you like things spicy.
- Guacamole: While not how they are traditionally made, these are also delicious served with some guacamole!
How To Store Leftovers
Just like the drive thru version, crunchwrap supremes are best served fresh. If you try to store them, they will become very soggy. I recommend only making as many crunch wrap supremes as you plan to enjoy immediately.
Store any leftover ingredients separately, in the fridge, for up to 5 days. Then you can whip up a crunchwrap whenever the mood strikes!
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 4 street taco sized flour tortillas
- 4 tostada shells
- ½ cup nacho cheese sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cilantro, optional
- Taco Bell sauce, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef and taco seasoning together, breaking apart the meat as it cooks. Once meat is browned, add the beef broth and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in a dampened paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Keep wrapped until ready to use.
- Heat the nacho cheese sauce in the microwave until warm about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Spread a couple tablespoons of the cheese sauce over the middle of the tortilla, into a shape about the size of the tostada. Then add ¼ of the meat over the cheese.
- Spread some sour cream over a tostada and lay on top of the meat layer. Top with 1/4th of the lettuce, tomato, cilantro, and shredded cheese.
- Lay the street taco sized flour tortilla over the cheese. Fold the burrito sized tortilla over the smaller tortilla one fold at a time, until formed into a Crunchwrap shape. (See images in post above for visual guidance!)
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 until all 4 crunchwraps are assembled.
- Heat a skillet and with oil over medium heat. Place one crunchwrap seam side down in the pan. Cook until lightly browned and crisp. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining crunch wraps.
- Serve immediately with taco bell sauce, if desired!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.