Air Fryer Corn on the Cob tastes just as good as grilled corn, and it’s a real time saver! You can have this easy side dish on the table and ready to be buttered in minutes.
The Easiest Corn on the Cob Ever
Corn on the cob is a summer staple in my house. It’s just the perfect side to any meat, whether it’s chicken, burgers, or steak. It’s great with veggie burgers and other vegetarian main dishes too!
I love to use this air fryer recipe when I’m short on time, or when it’s super hot out and I don’t want to turn on the stove or the grill. All I have to do is pop them in the fryer, set the time, and take them out – that’s it.
We think it tastes just like grilling except I don’t have to stand over the hot grill! Just like grilled corn on the cob, the ends will char just slightly, which really enhances the natural flavors and sugars of the corn. The flavor condenses inside each kernel and I find myself using little or no seasonings after cooking it this way!
Why Use an Air Fryer?
Air fryers are truly a gift to the kitchen – they’re hands down the fastest way to cook corn evenly! There is no waiting for the water to boil, the grill to heat up or uneven cooking spots from your microwave.
By using your air fryer, you can enjoy your corn on the cob in just minutes. They only need 10 minutes to cook, which is incredibly helpful when I’m trying to throw dinner together on a tight schedule!
However, if you want to grill your corn instead, I have a perfect recipe for how to make the best grilled corn on the cob!
WHAT IS THE BEST AIR FRYER?
Air fryers are available in two different styles. The most popular type has a drawer/basket that slides in the front and usually doesn’t require preheating. The second type looks similar to a toaster oven and opens with a door, like a mini version of a regular oven.
I have tried a few different air fryers and these are my three favorites depending on your budget and air fryer style preference:
- Budget Friendly: Go Wise Air Fryer
- Best Basket Air Fryer: Cosori Air Fryer XL
- Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer: Power XL Air Fryer
Here are the 4 ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- 4 Fresh Corn Cobs
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Olive Oil: this will keep the corn from sticking to the air fryer and keep it juicy. You can also use avocado oil.
Adjust the amount of salt and pepper to your liking if you usually use more!
How to Cook Corn on the Cob in the Air Fryer
Preheat: Preheat air fryer to 400°F. This step helps to ensure even cooking.
Prep: Prepare corn cobs by removing husks and trimming to fit in your air fryer.
Place: Brush the basket of the air fryer with olive oil and place corn cobs evenly spaced apart.
Season: Coat the corn cobs with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides.
Cook: Cook corn at 400°F for 5 minutes.
Turn: Flip the corn cobs over and return to the air fryer to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve: Serve with fresh herbs and a healthy slice of butter, as desired!
Tips for the Best Corn on the Cob
Cooking these with your air fryer is a breeze, but here are some tips to make your life even easier:
- Frozen Corn: if you are going to use frozen corn, let it thaw for about 30 minutes before you put it in the air fryer. (Fresh corn works the best, but frozen is still tasty.)
- To Prevent Sticking: spraying the corn with olive oil or cooking spray will keep the corn from sticking to the bottom of the air fryer. It will also keep the corn juicy!
- Timing: cooking time can vary between different appliances, so you may have to adjust the time according to your fryer.
Topping Ideas and Serving Suggestions
BUTTER. ALWAYS BUTTER. My favorite way to enjoy corn is with simple butter, salt and pepper so the natural flavor of the corn stands out. But if you are looking for a change, try these variations:
- Cilantro Lime Corn: Melt butter in the microwave, add a teaspoon of lime juice and cilantro and drizzle over the corn when it is done cooking.
- Spicy Air Fried Corn: Sprinkle a little bit of paprika and cayenne pepper on the corn before cooking for a little extra heat.
- Mexican Style Corn: top with lime, chili powder and cotija cheese when your corn is done cooking.
If you are looking for a super quick and easy way to enjoy corn on the cob, this is my new favorite. You still get that perfectly roasted corn flavor, but the air fryer does all of the work!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Here are my favorites:
- Crispy Brown Sugar Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Donuts
- BBQ Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- 4 fresh corn cobs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. This step helps to ensure even cooking.
- Prepare corn cobs by removing husks and trimming to fit in your air fryer.
- Brush the basket of the air fryer with olive oil and place corn cobs evenly spaced
- Coat the corn cobs with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides.
- Cook corn at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Flip the corn cobs over and return to the air fryer to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh herbs and a healthy slice of butter, as desired!
*Please note air fryer times vary greatly between brands*
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.