This lightly sweetened Dark Chocolate Bark is made in minutes and loaded with dried fruits, nuts, coconut and sea salt. It’s the perfect quick-fix snack or dessert for any occasion!
Dark Chocolate Bark
Oh yeah, look at that chocolate bark with it’s ribbons of dark chocolate, sweet fruits and crunchy bites of nuts.
And while you can’t really see it, it also has some flaky sea salt sprinkled on top.
You know, that sweet and salty combo? I just love it SO much. And this chocolate bark also has that.
It makes a great low-guilt dessert option and a gorgeous gift when wrapped up and gifted to friends.
I used a 66% cocoa count chocolate for my chocolate bark. However, there is a big range of what will work well.
Then, I just microwaved it until just melted and smooth…and spread it on to parchment paper.
Which is 100% fine, as long as you let the chocolate harden at room temperature and do not place the chocolate in the refrigerator.
If you refrigerate chocolate that has not been tempered, it can bloom. Which is unattractive, but will still taste the same.
If you would prefer to temper your chocolate, I recommend you follow these directions: how to temper chocolate
Dried Fruits & Nuts
There are SO many options of toppings, but before you run out to the store check your pantry!
Nuts: pistachios, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, or even an old jar of mixed nuts!
Dried Fruits: craisins, apricots, cherries, coconut flakes, pineapple, mango, crystallized ginger, goji berries or elderberries.
Also, don’t forget that flaked sea salt (affiliate link) because it really does pull it all together.
It only takes a few minutes to melt the chocolate and sprinkle on your chosen toppings.
It’s incredibly easy and takes about 10 minutes in total of work.
However, plan ahead, it takes about 2 hours for the chocolate to harden at room temperature.Don’t try to break it until it has fully re-hardened. Or you are going to end up with a mess.
To taste if it has hardened fully, gently slide your hand under the parchment paper and make sure it is firm and the bark doesn’t bend.
Once it is fully hardened, break it into irregular pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
I developed this recipe for Dixie Crystals.
Dark Chocolate Bark
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, around 60% cacao content
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup of chopped mixed nuts, suggestions: pistachios and almonds
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup dried fruit, suggestions, cranberries, apricots, goji berries or candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, melt chocolate and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute. Stir and then microwave in 15-second increments, stirring after each one, until chocolate is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Spread chocolate evenly over center area of baking sheet using a rubber spatula. Chocolate should be about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle nuts, coconut flakes, and dried fruit evenly over chocolate. Lastly, sprinkle flaked sea salt on top.
- Allow chocolate to cool at room temperature, until completely hardened, about 2 hours. Once chocolate is hard, use your hands to break it into pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.