This Four Cheese Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a healthy, cheesy, gluten-free dinner recipe that will totally satisfy your pasta cravings. It’s roasted up in the oven with minimal effort and maximum flavor!
Four Cheese Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Recipe
It is loaded with flavor (thyme, garlic, cheese and chives just to name a few) and makes me feel like I just cheated on my diet when I didn’t. Jorge and I have added this into our weekly menu rotation and we always look forward to it!
The first time I ever had spaghetti squash was a few years ago and I wasn’t impressed. I had made it in the microwave and it was a soggy mess and I decided I hated it.
Fast forward to a few months ago and I decided to give it one more shot and roast it in the oven this time. WHOA. What a difference! I even got Jorge to start eating it instead of regular pasta when we have spaghetti and meatballs. That is a serious shocker if you know my pasta loving husband.
This Four Cheese Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is easy to make and you can use any leftover meat you have on hand. I always have leftover rotisserie chicken on hand since I grab one weekly for a quick dinner after yoga class. However, if you don’t have any leftover chicken already, this is my favorite way to quickly make shredded chicken.
I like to use a bag of shredded four-cheese Italian cheese — which is a blend of mozzarella, provolone, asiago and romano cheeses — because it is extra creamy and has great flavor. If you are trying to cut way back on calories and fat, you can use fat free half & half and cut back on the cheese even more.
This dish reminds me of some of my favorite creamy pasta dishes, but is much healthier overall without the pasta and is easier to make with barely any dishes to wash afterwards!
I hope you give this dish a chance, I promise it’s delicious!
Four Cheese Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
This Four Cheese Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is a healthy, cheesy, gluten-free dinner recipe that will totally satisfy your pasta cravings. It's roasted up in the oven with minimal effort and maximum flavor!
- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced thyme
- fresh cracked black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups four-cheese Italian blend shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place spaghetti squash cut side up on a baking pan/dish. If your spaghetti squash does not sit level, make a little stand with foil by crunching it up into an oval bowl shape formed to the bottom of your spaghetti squash.
- Divide garlic, thyme, black pepper, salt and shredded chicken between both empty cavities of the spaghetti squash.
- Divide the chicken broth and half and half in each half of spaghetti squash, filling to the top. Gently stir the mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the squash is fork tender.
- Remove squash from oven and turn broiler on low.
- Using two forks, pull spaghetti squash away from the edges of the squash to easily shred it. (Watch the video at the top of the page to see how I did it.)
- Top both halves with cheese and place under the broiler until cheese is melted and slightly toasted. This will only take a minute or two, so watch closely.
- Top with chives (and extra thyme if you love it like I do) and serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 693Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 1192mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 8gSugar: 18gProtein: 41g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This got to be one of the best receipes of spaghetti squash. Thank you for this wonderful receipe!
I love Spaghetti Squash and was excited to try this. It’s different than how I usually make it and so much better. My husband even tried a bite and told me he would eat it for dinner the next time I make it!
Your video’s broken. It won’t play.
I made this almost to the T and it was wonderful! I skipped the garlic altogether and and I roasted the squash with just olive oil and salt/pepper, then I used the fork to make my strands, stirred in a pat of butter, added shredded chicken, parm cheese and a shredded Italian cheese blend. Mix and add 2-3 TBS of light cream. Top w/ cheese blend and broil like original. Nice light taste blend. My kids actually ate this. The crunch on top is absolutely essential.
The four cheese spaghetti squash sounds amazing! I would never have thought to use it as a healthy alternative to pasta. I too love pasta and have tried zucchini pasta but never got that into it. Might try this one and the recipe looks so simple and easy to follow!
This sounds absolutely delicious! Definitely going to have to give this a go soon. :)
Oh my, this sounds absolutely delicious!!
You had me at cheese — this sounds wonderful!
I love recipes that include spaghetti squash! So much you can do with it — your recipe looks and sounds wonderful! Love the browned cheesy goodness on top, too!
Oh my goodness! This sounds so good! I love it!
Pinned! I like spaghetti squash, but haven’t found a recipe good enough that my husband will willingly eat it, too… Maybe this is the one :)