But this year, I am going to try to watch the sweets I make and eat…which is going to be extremely difficult. And I can’t promise I won’t slip up a couple times…but I do promise that this year I will be trying and sharing some new recipes. So to start, I made these fun Gingerbread Muffins.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line mini muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, molasses, melted butter, and milk mixture together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Using a piping bag or ziplock baggie, fill pre-greased mini muffin tins about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook the muffins, as they can dry out easily.
Yield:32 mini muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.