These Peanut Butter Blossoms are a Christmas tradition! Sweet peanut butter cookies rolled in sparkling sugar, with a milk chocolate kiss in the center!
The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms Are Made with Shortening
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
How to Dress Up Peanut Butter Blossoms
I’m going to be honest with you, these cookies are absolutely spectacular in their classic form and need nothing changed about them.
However, I understand that sometimes we all need something new and fresh, so I have a few fun suggestions you can try to dress up a Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie.
- Switch the kiss in the center for a different flavored kiss – I recommend a dark chocolate kiss instead.
- Roll your Peanut Butter Blossoms in different colored sprinkles or sanding sugar. Like red and green sprinkles for Christmas.
How to Store Peanut Butter Blossoms
You can store your peanut butter blossoms in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week…if they last that long!
They are also a great cookie to ship to friends/family. They hold up wonderfully and stay looking and tasting great through the shipping process.
Sadly they do not freeze well. The chocolate kiss usually pops off and they do not thaw tasting the same as they did fresh.
However, you can make the peanut butter cookie dough ahead of time and store it in freezer and then bake a fresh batch, as desired!
No matter what you do this Christmas, you should bake a batch of these classic Peanut Butter Blossoms.
They are not only my favorite, but just about everyone’s favorite Christmas cookie recipe. I make a triple batch every year and it’s the first cookie gone every year with our friends/family.
There is something about the nostalgia with these Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies that keeps everyone coming back for more each year. Well, to be fair, it’s also because they are insanely delicious!
Please leave a review or comment below letting me know how this recipe turns out for you!
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening, or unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar, for rolling
- 48 Milk Chocolate Kisses, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or leave the cooke sheet ungreased).
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening and peanut butter together until well combined. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beating until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until a dough forms and everything is well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop and your hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. (If you do not have a small cookie scoop, this is a little more than 1 tablespon worth of dough for each ball.)
- Roll dough ball in granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or ever so lightly browned on the edges and then remove from oven. You do not want to over bake these cookeis, it will dry them out.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Allow cookeis to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container, at room temperauter for up to 7 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.