This Easy Hot Crab Dip with Corn and Bacon is a creamy dip loaded with crab, gooey cheese, juicy corn, smoky bacon, garlic, and spicy jalapeños!
Easy Party Dip Recipe
This Hot Crab, Corn and Bacon Dip was a last minute addition to a 4th of July party and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it, but how could they not? It’s a hot dip loaded with crab, cheese, corn, bacon, jalapeños, and garlic. It’s a bunch of my favorite things whipped up into a glorious dip!
I always love pairing corn and crab together. I’m honestly not a huge seafood fan — I eat fish and crab, but am not a fan of shrimp or mussels — but crab is one of my favorites.
Fresh corn is filling the grocery stores here in Florida and I seriously can’t stop myself from grabbing at least a couple of ears every time I walk by it. I have already made my favorite Roasted Poblano, Corn & Chicken Soup.
I made a batch of Jalapeño Sweet Corn Muffins last week. And tonight I even took the time and stirred and stirred and stirred to make Sweet Corn Risotto. So worth it.
This recipe makes a TON of dip, so my Mom and I are planning to use the leftovers in stuffed bell peppers or maybe stuffed shells. Ohh and maybe I could stuff it into twice baked potatoes!! It’s so good, I just want to stuff it into everything so I have a reason to make it again asap.
You can make this dip up to 24 hours ahead and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to bake it. I served this Hot Crab, Corn and Bacon Dip with ritz crackers, but it would also be great on little warm french baguette toasts. I can also see it with tortilla chips in a pinch. You know, to be honest, I could just eat it with a spoon.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we all did!
Hot Crab, Corn and Bacon Dip
A hot and creamy crab dip loaded with corn, gooey cheese, garlic, smoky bacon, and spicy jalapeños.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large jalapeño, minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 5 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 4 oz shredded parmesan
- 4 oz shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 1 (or 1.5) quart casserole dish with non stick spray, set aside.
- Add olive oil to a small sauté pan over medium high heat. Add jalapeño, garlic and shallots, cooking until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients (including the crab) — saving a little cheese to add on top of dip. Add in jalapeño mixture and stir until well combined.
- Transfer dip to prepared casserole dish. Top with the cheese you set aside.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbling at the edges. Serve hot with crackers (it’s great with Ritz!).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 1505mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.