How to cook bacon in an oven!
I am not a good multi-tasker when it comes to bacon. I can cook many things at the same time with no problems…but for some reason bacon screws me up. I can’t cook pancakes, eggs and bacon at the same time. It’s absolutely impossible for me not to burn everything while I am trying to focus on the bacon.
One of my problems is my fear of bacon grease. I know that sounds irrational, but that shiznit hurts when it pops your arms/face! And trust me, it’s not worth it to look like Rudolph just for a few pieces of bacon. So instead I cook my bacon in the oven! It cooks without any help from me, which leaves me free to flip pancakes, scramble eggs and not get burned by bacon grease. 😀
Crispy bacon from the oven:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup!)
3. Place a cooling rack inside the pan (this way the bacon won’t sit in the grease — making it crispier).
4. Spray the cooling rack with nonstick spray and lay the bacon along the rack.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy!
And viola, crispy hands-off bacon!