Looking for a tasty and easy vegetable side dish to go with dinner tonight? Try this Air Fryer Asparagus flavored with grated parmesan and lemon juice! It’s ready in 10 minutes!
Crispy Air Fryer Asparagus
Are you a fan of roasted vegetables? If so, you’re going to LOVE this Crispy Air Fryer Asparagus with zesty lemon and parmesan cheese. It’s got all of the goodness of traditional roasted asparagus, but it comes together in just about 10 minutes! I don’t know about you, but getting quick, delicious dinners on the table is always a win for me.
Simple vegetable side dishes are also great because you can pair them with almost anything. This easy air fryer asparagus goes wonderfully with chicken, salads, soups, and more! Sometimes we even serve it for breakfast with a fried egg! So good and healthy!
What is the best Air Fryer?
Air fryers are available in two different styles. The most popular type has a drawer/basket that slides in the front and usually doesn’t require preheating. The second type looks similar to a toaster oven and opens with a door, like a mini version of a regular oven.
I have tried a few different air fryers and these are my three favorites depending on your budget and air fryer style preference:
- Budget Friendly: Go Wise Air Fryer
- Best Basket Air Fryer: Cosori Air Fryer XL
- Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer: Power XL Air Fryer
Let’s get started! Here’s what you’ll need to prepare this easy side dish:
- Asparagus: Use 1 bunch with the ends trimmed. (See section below on how to do this.)
- Olive Oil: To toss the lemon juice and spices with.
- Spices: Use garlic powder, Kosher salt, and paprika.
- Lemon Juice: The amount can be adjusted depending on how tart you want the asparagus to be.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Feel free to experiment with other kinds of cheese like asiago as well.
How to Trim Asparagus
Trimming asparagus is a breeze. The first thing you’ll need to do is rinse the stalks under cold water, and then cut/chop about an inch or so* off the bottoms (the hard ends). Then you’re good to go!
*Cut where the asparagus turns from green to white/yellow.
How to Make Air Fryer Asparagus
Air fryer asparagus comes together in 4 quick steps. After you trim and season the stalks, all that’s left to do is cook them and enjoy!
Season the Asparagus: Toss the trimmed asparagus with the olive oil, spices and lemon juice.
Add Cheese to the Asparagus: Place asparagus in the air fryer basket or trays depending on your model and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the grated cheese.
Cook Asparagus: Air fry for 7 minutes (*see tips below) at 400°F until golden brown and crispy around the edges.
Add More Cheese: Garnish with remaining tablespoon of parmesan and serve with lemon wedges.
Tips for Success
Super easy, right?
Here are some final tips to help you out before you start cooking:
- For Thin Asparagus*: You’ll want to reduce the cooking time to 5 minutes.
- For Very Thick Asparagus*: It’s a good idea to increase the cooking time to 9-10 minutes.
- Add Bacon or Proscuitto: I don’t have to give you a reason, do I? You already know it goes with everything! Or you can also wrap the cooked asparagus with prosciutto and cook for a few minutes more to lightly crisp the prosciutto. So delicious!
What Goes with Asparagus?
What goes best with ‘fried’ asparagus? These are some of my favorite options:
- Chicken: Asparagus goes great with anything from Chicken Fried Chicken to Baked Chicken!
- Pork: A side of fried asparagus would be delicious with a plate of pork chops.
- Fish: Try it with this Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Crusted Salmon!
- Soup: If you’re in the mood for a light dinner, pair this asparagus with some Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for 5-6 days. To reheat, pop the asparagus back into the air fryer for a couple minutes so it can become crispy again!
more air fryer recipes to try
Try out these other quick dinner air fryer recipes too!
- Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches – great meatless Monday dinner!
- Air Fryer Donuts
- 10 minute Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Fried Avocado
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Crispy Brown Sugar Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Asparagus
Want to spice up your usual vegetable side dish? Try out this Air Fryer Asparagus instead! It's got the perfect level of crispiness, and it's garnished with lemon juice and parmesan!
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Toss the trimmed asparagus with the olive oil, spices and lemon juice.
- Place asparagus in the air fryer basket or trays depending on your model and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the grated cheese.
- Air fry for 7 minutes (*see note) at 400°F until golden brown and crispy around the edges.
- Garnish with remaining tablespoon of parmesan and serve with lemon wedges.
*For thin asparagus, reduce cooking time to 5 minutes. For very thick asparagus spears, increase to 9-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Assume you can pile the asparagus in the air fryer and not just in one layer? Should I shake them midway through?
Yes, I would definitely shake and toss them if you can’t get them in a more even layer!