This Apple Cider Cocktail is going to be your go-to drink this fall. It’s so easy to make and only has three ingredients. Plus, you can serve it hot or cold! You can also dress it up with some delicious garnishes like whipped cream, graham crackers, or caramel sauce.
The Perfect Apple Cider Cocktail
I go back and forth between hot drinks and cold drinks during the fall. This is why I love this Apple Cider Cocktail so much (and I think you will, too!). It’s perfect hot…and it’s perfect cold! I love that I can switch it up depending on my mood, the weather, or the occasion.
Three simple ingredients are all it takes to make this fall cocktail. You’ll need spiced rum, apple cider, and pure maple syrup. Then, once everything is complete, you can have some fun with the garnishes. I like to use whipped cream, but you can also use graham crackers, apple slices, and caramel sauce.
What You’ll Need
Remember, there are only three ingredients in this cocktail. Plus, they are three ingredients that are easy to find and simple to store so that you can make this cocktail over and over again. Don’t forget to have a little fun with the garnishes!
- Spiced Rum: Spiced rum has a lot of flavor on its own, which is why it’s so great for this cocktail. It also has a hint of vanilla which makes it smooth and decadent.
- Apple Cider: Now is the time to get the good stuff! There is nothing like fresh-pressed apple cider straight from the cider mill. Grab some if you can find it locally!
- Maple Syrup: Always use pure maple syrup – especially in cocktails!
- Whipped Cream
- Apple Slices
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Cinnamon Stick
- Ground Cinnamon
- Homemade Apple Pie Spice
- Caramel Sauce
How to Make an Apple Cider Cocktail
This is an incredibly simple cocktail to make. You don’t need any special tools or shakers, just the ingredients and a glass!
Heat up the apple cider if you’d like to serve it hot. You can heat up the apple cider in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Stir everything together. Go ahead and pour all of the ingredients right into the serving glass and stir.
Garnish and enjoy! Pick your favorite garnish and then start sipping right away.
Tips for Success
Here are a few helpful tips for making this cocktail. Plus, there are a few tips for spicing it up a bit!
- Want to make it a little spicy? Add some red hots! Melt the Red Hots (about 1 heaping tablespoon of red hots) in the apple cider before adding the rest of the ingredients. I do this quickly in the microwave. Microwave the cider and Red Hots for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring each time, until the Red Hots are dissolved.
- Add another favorite fall flavor. You can also do a pumpkin spin on this cocktail by using my Instant Pot Pumpkin Apple Cider.
- No maple syrup? No problem. If you don’t have any maple syrup, you could also use honey or agave syrup as a substitute.
Can I Make This For a Crowd?
This Apple Cider Cocktail is perfect for serving at a party! You can make a big batch and serve it out of a pitcher to your guests. Better yet, make it a customizable cocktail for your friends! You can put the various garnish options in small prep bowls on your serving table. Then, your guests can pick their own fun toppings for their cocktail!
For the cocktail
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Apple slices
- Crushed graham crackers
- Cinnamon stick
- Ground cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce
- Stir together the spiced rum, apple cider, and maple syrup in a glass.
- Top with whatever garnishes you like and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 6gSugar: 61gProtein: 3g
More Fall Drink Recipes
- Spiked Apple Cider
- Pumpkin Coquito
- Halloween Cocoa Bombs
- Re-Animator Serum (Halloween Shot)
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Apple Cider
- Easy Homemade Eggnog
- The Best Coquito
- Sparkling Cranberry Orange Eyeball Punch
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.