Ellie has started eating bananas at a 2 a day rate. The kid is INSANE with her obsession with bananas. She would eat them at every meal if I would allow it.
She is JUST like her father. As we have discussed many times before on this blog, Jorge will eat a banana with anything…even spaghetti and meatballs. ((gag))
Jorge was working out of town last week and I completely forgot when I went to the store. I stocked up on our regular 3 big bunches of bananas and they started to turn by the end of the week with only one crazy banana eater in the house.
I whipped up these muffins while the girls were napping and they turned out better than I could have hoped! I ended up making a double batch and individually froze the second batch so I would have them for a quick snack for the girls.
We all loved these Banana Brown Sugar Muffins, but I loved how easy they are! They only took me about 20 minutes and the girls and Jorge couldn’t stay out of them!
If you want to make them more of a treat, add a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips to the batter. Chocolate Banana Brown Sugar Muffins — can’t go wrong. 😉
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspono salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffins tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, dark brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients, alternanting with vegetable oil and then milk, stirring until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 cull. Bake for 14-15 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm with butter or store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.