Lyla has started dancing and it’s the cutest thing I have ever seen. And her music choices are seriously cracking me up. Turns out she is a big fan of Meghan Trainor and Shakira. The head starts going and then if it’s a really good song — and she is feeling it — the arms start waving. The baby just really likes a good upbeat girl power song.
Ellie, on the other hand, is still only into the itsy bitsy spider and the muffin man. And she doesn’t dance, but enjoys laughing at you when you do. Those girls of mine could not be any more opposite at this point.
Sunday they actually had their first bites of cookie thanks to their Nana. We were having Mother’s day dinner and I look over and they were chowing down. Big surprise, I mean they are my children. 😉
These cookies are incredibly fudgey and the perfect combination of chocolate and marshmallow. They use two forms of chocolate — cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips — so they defiantly fill any chocolate cravings! They are perfect as is, but if you love Rocky Road flavors, add in a handful of nuts!
The dough for these cookies is super sticky, so I really recommend using a cookie scoop to scoop them. It makes it MUCH quicker than trying to unstick the dough from your spoon and fingers.
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Then add egg whites and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth. Fold in mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, leaving space for spreading. Bake until cookies are puffed and crackled, about 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Store in an air tight container up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.