Jalapeño Popper Chicken: a low carb dinner that will please everyone with roasted chicken, a cheesy jalapeño popper sauce and more cheese and bacon on top!
I wish they had scratch and sniff screens already, because you would be drooling at one whiff of this Jalapeño Popper Chicken!
It’s an epically good low carb dinner recipe that everyone will love — no matter if they are eating low carb or not.
It’s loaded with flavor and has an insanely rich creamy sauce that you bake on top of the chicken.
PLUS, there is bacon. And anytime there is bacon, you know it’s going to be good.
The first time I made this Jalapeño Popper Chicken, Jorge almost licked his plate clean.
It’s one of his favorite low carb dinners and he asks me to make it all the time!
It’s great because it has a ton of fat if you are on the keto diet, but is very low in carbs.
You can easily halve the recipe or make the full recipe to have leftovers for lunches.
We like to make this Jalapeño Popper Chicken with thinly cut chicken breasts.
It cooks quicker than full chicken breasts and it is a great sauce to chicken ratio!
However, you can also use chicken thighs or regular chicken breasts.
Whatever cut of chicken you pick, just make sure not to overcook it and dry it out.
Use a meat thermometer if you have one to ensure you bake it just until it reaches the correct temperature.
(You want your chicken to reach an internal temp of 165°F.)
This Jalapeño Popper Chicken has a super creamy, cheesy sauce we add on top.
It’s loaded with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, bacon and jalapeños.
If you like things extra spicy, you can absolutely add extra jalapeños to suit your tastes.
Also, to really bump up the heat, cut the peppers whole, leaving the fiery seeds inside!
If you are looking for more low carb dinners, check out some of our other favorite recipes:
Sheet Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken – this is a one pan dish! Your veggies and chicken cook all together on one sheet pan.
Keto Beef and Broccoli – we serve this over cauliflower rice!
Roasted Poblano Chicken Cauliflower Soup – one of our favorite low carb soups. It’s filling and full of flavor! Also, it stores great for up to a week, so it’s a great meal prep low carb dinner!
This Jalapeño Popper Chicken is absolutely delicious and sure to be a hit with any jalapeño popper lovers!
Serve it with sautéed green beans, roasted vegetables, mashed cauliflower, or even steamed broccoli!This recipe is low carb, gluten free and perfect for the keto diet. However, it tastes so good no one will realize it fits into any of those categories!
When you try it, please leave a comment below sharing how it turns out for you!
- 6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs chicken)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices thick bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place chicken breast in a greased 9X13 casserole dish. Lightly salt and pepper both sides. Bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While chicken is baking, fry bacon pieces until crispy in a large skillet. Remove bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Remove extra bacon grease from pan, leaving approximately 1/2 tablespoon behind. Add onion and jalapeño, saute until tender. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup cheddar cheese, half of the crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and everything is melted together.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove chicken from oven, spread jalapeño popper mixture all over each chicken breast until well covered.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake for 5 more minutes or until topping is melted. Serve immediately!
I am an Amazon affiliate member and I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases. Thank you!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 779Total Fat: 59gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 1412mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 69g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.