Roasted Poblano Chicken Cauliflower Soup is a creamy soup that is loaded with flavor, but still kid approved, and happens to be low carb and keto friendly!
Table of Contents
- Roasted Poblano Chicken Cauliflower Soup is a creamy soup that is loaded with flavor, but still kid approved, and happens to be low carb and keto friendly!
- This Cauliflower Soup Is Low Carb & Keto Friendly
- Even My Kids Love This Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- You Can Use Leftover Chicken To Make This Soup Fast
- Can You Freeze This Cauliflower Soup?
- Get the Recipe
This Cauliflower Soup Is Low Carb & Keto Friendly
I have been making this Roasted Poblano Chicken Cauliflower Soup for the past few weeks on Sunday and eating it all week for lunch. It is seriously, SO GOOD.
Even My Kids Love This Roasted Cauliflower Soup
My biggest change was adding a bunch of cauliflower. It doesn’t change the flavor of the soup a ton, but it gives us one more big serving of veggies and good old added fiber.
My girls gobble this soup up every time I make it. I always offer them some and they turn me down. Next thing I know, I am sitting down with my bowl for lunch and two little girls are climbing in my lap to eat it all.
It never fails, they want to eat what is on my plate not what is on theirs! Especially Ellie lately, she has to touch everything on our plates…even if she knows she doesn’t like it. It’s really fun at restaurants. Ha!
You Can Use Leftover Chicken To Make This Soup Fast
This Roasted Poblano Chicken Cauliflower Soup only takes 30 minutes or less to make if you use a rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded chicken. If you have chicken breasts laying around you need to use up instead, follow this recipe for the best shredded chicken ever.
If you haven’t roasted poblano peppers before (and skinned them), make sure and check out the video below on how I do it. It’s easy, I promise!
Can You Freeze This Cauliflower Soup?
I hope you enjoy this Roasted Poblano Chicken Cauliflower Soup as much as we do!
It freezes perfectly, it’s really filling, has hidden healthy veggies, is gluten free, low carb and keto diet approved!
Roasted Poblano Chicken Cauliflower Soup
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 12 oz riced cauliflower, about 2 cups
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat broiler on oven. Move top oven rack close to the top.
- Remove top of poblano peppers, scoop out seeds and slice in half. Place poblano peppers on cookie sheet. Roast for about 2 minutes each side, until skin is blackened and blistering.
- Remove from oven and transfer peppers to a ziplock bag. Let peppers cool. Once peppers are cooler to the touch, peel off the outer layer of skin. Chop peppers and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cauliflower, and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add chopped peppers and slowly stir in broth until smooth. Add seasoned salt and pepper, to taste.
- Next, using either an immersion blender or regular blender, puree liquids until smooth.
- Add chicken and simmer for 10 minutes to heat through. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted and well combined. Serve hot!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.