These Mini Powdered Sugar Doughnuts will make you finally look forward to your mornings! They’re so soft, moist and sweet – just like powdered donuts should be.
Mini Powdered Sugar Donuts
Jorge is out of town this week and — in classic Jessica form — I have been eating like a single girl again. After I feed the girls dinner, give them their baths and send them off to bed…I find myself getting sucked into reality tv and eating things like cereal for dinner. Or cheese and salami for dinner. Or better yet, donuts for dinner…as I stand over the kitchen sink so I don’t get powdered sugar everywhere.
Speaking of TV, did y’all watch American Crime Story – The People vs OJ Simpson? I am OBSESSED. No, seriously. I have always been into crime shows. I love the ones telling real stories, the made up crime dramas and the ones based on true stories.
I was a kid when the OJ Simpson trial happened, so besides general common knowledge of what happened, it’s a mostly new story to me. Plus, Ross is killing it as Robert Kardashian. Also, John Travolta looks terrifying. He could almost be Arnold Schwarzenegger brother with that wig.
I may or may not have watched it while eating the leftover donuts from earlier. In bed. Please don’t tell Jorge.
Y’all know I am in love with mini donuts. Heck, I even wrote a whole Mini Donuts Cookbook! This is a great quick recipe to make baked powdered sugar donuts at home. You can use a mini donut pan or a mini donut maker.
I have the mini donut maker and my one helpful tip is to use the little fork/prong tool they give you to flip the donuts about halfway through cooking. It will provide the most evenly cooked donut.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- If using an electric doughnut maker, preheat according to manufacture’s instructions. If using mini doughnut pans, preheat oven to 350°F and grease pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add milk, oil and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps.
- Add powdered sugar to a brown paper bag or a plastic bag. Set aside.
- If using mini doughnut pans, carefully fill each indention 3/4 full. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean.
- If using an electric mini-doughnut maker, carefully fill each indention 3/4 full. Bake according to manufacturer’s instructions or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean.
- Transfer donuts to bag with powdered sugar and shake to coat in powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.