This Strawberry Brie Crostini recipe is one of my favorite snacks that doubles as an easy, but impressive, appetizer! Who could say no to these toasted baguette slices, piled high with creamy brie cheese, sweet strawberries, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar??
Easy Strawberry Brie Crostini
I can’t get over how pretty this recipe is. Just look at those beautiful red strawberries! It’s strawberry season in Florida and I couldn’t be more excited to have gorgeous strawberries again.
This easy crostini is one of my families favorites every year. It not only looks beautiful, but he flavors are so perfectly fresh and well paired together. If you don’t like brie, you can also use goat cheese, both are absolutely delicious!
The creamy cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet strawberries with a perfect hit of acid from the balsamic vinegar to pull the whole ensemble together. All served on top of a warm and crunchy toast, this homemade crostini just can’t be beat! I dare you not to eat the whole plate…
Ready for the best appetizer experience of your life? If so, round up the following ingredients:
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- Balsamic Vinegar: you can also use store-bought to save time!
For the Crostini:
- A French Baguette: cut into ¼- ½ inch slices.
- Olive Oil
- Brie Round: about 7 ounces, sliced into small wedges. (You can use another kind of soft cheese you like.)
- Strawberries: stemmed and chopped.
- Fresh Basil
How to Make the Balsamic Glaze
Balsamic glaze is the cherry on top of this… crostini? You get what I’m saying; here’s what you need to do to make your own balsamic glaze:
Boil: In a small saucepan, lightly boil balsamic vinegar over medium high heat until reduced to ¼ cup and it coats the back of a spoon (about 25 minutes). Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 1 week.
How to Make Strawberry Brie Crostini
Once you have the glaze in the fridge, you can get started with prepping the crostini.
Bake: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place baguette slices onto a sheet pan and brush with olive oil. Season bread with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes or until slightly toasted.
Add: Once cooled, top crostini with brie slices and strawberries.
Garnish: Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle chopped basil over top. Serve.
Tips for Success
Here are some tips on making crostini that may be helpful to you:
- No time to make the glaze? You can use store bought: You can use store bought glaze if you want. It is super easy to make, but store bought is totally fine.
- Brie Substitutions: You can use any soft cheese you like, fresh mozzarella or goat cheese would also go very well here.
- Add Honey: If you’ve got a sweet tooth, drizzling a little bit of honey on top is another great idea.
Can You Make Strawberry Brie Crostini Ahead?
Yes, you could make the crostini ahead of time and leave it out on the counter for an hour or so, just do not drizzle with glaze until you are ready to serve them.
I also would not leave them too long because of the dairy. Don’t store this recipe in the fridge or the bread will lose its crunch.
How to Store Crostini Leftovers
I don’t recommend storing leftovers because the balsamic glaze will probably make the bread soggy. You can save any extra balsamic glaze in an airtight container in the fridge, though!
These Strawberry Brie Crostini are one of my favorite appetizers to serve to my friends and family throughout Spring and Summer. They are highly requested and looked forward to all year long! Be prepared for everyone to beg you for the recipe!
Looking for more cheese appetizers? Here are a few of my favorites!
- Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Truffles
- Hot + Cheesy Spinach Dip
- Caprese Stuffed Avocados
- Cheesy Sausage Balls
Strawberry Brie Crostini
Strawberry Brie Crostini is totally tangy, super sweet and just all-around delicious. If you're looking for a new appetizer, or a tasty snack, try this homemade crostini!
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
For the Crostini:
- 1 French baguette, cut into ¼- ½ inch slices
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 7-ounce brie round, sliced into small wedges
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
For the balsamic glaze:
1. In a small saucepan, lightly boil balsamic vinegar over medium high heat until reduced to ¼ cup and it coats the back of a spoon (about 25 minutes).
2. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 1 week.
For the crostini:
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Place baguette slices onto a sheet pan and brush with olive oil.
2. Season bread with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes or until slightly toasted.
3. Once cooled, top crostini with brie slices and strawberries.
4. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle chopped basil over top. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.