Spice Cake Cookies
Now that Thanksgiving is out of the way, it’s all Christmas, all the time, for 25 more days! Which means cookies, cookies and more COOKIES — starting with these crazy easy Spice Cake Cookies made with a box of cake mix!
This is our third time making these Spice Cake Cookies this holiday season already. The first time was an experiment to test the recipe.
The second batch the girls helped me make for some friends who were having a bad week. You should have seen how much cookie dough twin toddlers can get stuck to everything.
These cookies would be perfect to make for a cookie exchange, especially if you aren’t the most experienced baker — these cookies are really hard to screw up!
They have e a classic spiced flavor that everyone loves and they keep really well and stay soft when packaged up for a few days. And when you roll them in sugar, they sparkle!
If you are looking for more ideas for your cookie exchange, I have to recommend a few of my other favorites: Almond Meltaway Cookies, Chocolate Biscoff Macarons, Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies, The Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, and my personal top favorite cookie — these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
Every year I buy those holiday cookie and candy tower tins at Michaels and load them up with goodies for all our family, friends and neighbors.
I spend a couple of days in the kitchen baking up all of my favorite treats and I love giving them out to everyone. It’s one tradition I am really excited to get the girls involved in as they get older.
This year, my first two recipes to be added will be these Spice Cake Cookies and my new favorite candy, Pecan Caramel Bars!
You need a whopping 5 ingredients to make these cookies and they only need one bowl and one spatula to make! OH! And they take less than 30 minutes to make including cooling time — score!!
I hope you and your family enjoy these soft Spiced Cake Cookies as much as mine did. Don’t miss the quick little baking video I made at the top of the page if you have any questions!
Spice Cake Cookies
- 18.25 oz box spice cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Place granulated sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until there are no large lumps left.
- Roll 1 heaping tablespoon of dough into balls and coat in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches for spreading.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops have cracked and the tops look set (the centers will still be gooey). Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.