This recipe is sponsored by Tessemae’s All Natural, however all opinions are my own.
Some days I feel guilty about the amount of carb filled dinners Jorge and I have been eating. From tacos to pizza, it starts to weigh on you…um, literally. When this happens, I always find myself wondering over to the fish counter.
After a weekend filled with candy and brownies (thanks again Valentine’s Day), I found myself parked in front of the fish counter once again. I picked up some salmon fillets as a treat for Jorge (it is his favorite) and some flounder too. I love flounder and plan on making it how I always make my fish.
While that is my favorite healthy way to prepare white fish, I wanted to do something different with the salmon. It needed to still be quick and easy, otherwise I knew I wouldn’t have the strength in me to make it after bath time with the twins.
Jorge actually came up with the idea of doing a balsamic marinade for the salmon. I had just gotten a bunch of Tessemae’s All Natural Dressings that I had forgotten on the counter and he had the idea to use the balsamic one as the base for a marinade. It was brilliant! We loved it so much that we tweaked the recipe a bit more and made it again so I could share it with all of you!
I am actually new to learning about Tessemae’s and was a little skeptical. I loved their fun vibe and all natural promises, but I honestly wasn’t sure how much I was going to like dressings that were all gluten free, dairy free, non-gmo, vegan, sugar free, and olive oil based. I mean, that sounds perfect, but they can’t taste great…right? Wrong. I am totally impressed and have been using their dressings in all kinds of ways! My favorite so far is the Green Goddess flavor on salads for lunch.
After making this Balsamic Roasted Salmon a second time, Jorge announced it was his favorite way he has had Salmon yet. It is a little spicy, a little sweet and you get great flavor from the balsamic dressing.
It is absolutely my new favorite way, because it takes 30 minutes from start to finish — and half of that time the fish is marinating and you can be whipping up your sides!
- 2 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup Tessemae's Balsamic Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together Tessemae's Balsamic Dressing, garlic, brown sugar, sriracha, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Marinate salmon fillets in mixture for 15 minutes.
- While fillets are marinating, preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with olive oil or butter so the salmon does not stick.
- Place salmon skin-side down on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven on the top rack. Bake for 5 minutes, lightly brush any leftover marinade on top of the fillets and bake for 5 minutes more (or until salmon is cooked throughly and flakes easily with a fork).
- Serve with fresh greens (like spicy arugula) or grains (like couscous) for a healthy quick dinner!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1254mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.