Happy belated Mama’s Day to all of you fabulous ladies out there! I remember not too long ago being the one who wanted nothing more than to be a Mom, so I spent my second Mother’s Day being crazy thankful for my two wild kiddos.
Jorge and the girls got me an AWESOME new music speaker (a UE Boom 2) for using in the kitchen and backyard when I take the kids out to play. It turned out to be a gift for the whole family because the girls love to grab it and dance with it.
We discovered that Lyla loves “Faith” by George Michael and Ellie loves “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel. Those little girls sure love the 80’s!
While we have been rocking it out in the kitchen lately, I made these Chocolate Brownie Raspberry Trifles. Sometimes I make my own brownies for it, sometimes I use a box mix…and sometimes when I am in a crazy rush I buy them.
This is another throwback recipe to 2010 that really deserved a re-do. I still make this recipe every Summer and I love love love it. Seriously, LOVE it.
The combination in these trifles is perfection — chocolate pudding, brownies, raspberries (or strawberries!) and whipped cream. You can use cool-whip or whip cream, it’s totally up to you and what you like. You layer it all together, let it rest for a little bit and serve it cold.
This Chocolate Brownie Raspberry Trifle is a perfect make ahead dessert for all those warm months coming up. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but once it’s all together magic happens. I promise you are going to want to eat the entire bowl!
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 packages (3.9 oz each) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 tub (16 oz.) Cool Whip (or 16 oz heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff peaks) , thawed, divided
- 1 baked 9-inch square brownies, cooled and crumbled
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Beat milk and pudding with whisk until smooth. Stir in 2 cups of whipped cream/cool whip.
- In a large trifle bowl, place half of the crumbled brownies. Top with a layer of pudding, whipped cream/cool whip and raspberries. Repeat all layers.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.