- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease or spray an 8×3 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the cheese and gently toss to coat cheese in flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg and whisk together. Pour mixture into well in center of flour and stir mix together lightly with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in jalapeño and bell peppers and stir just until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking loaf pan, and place in the oven. Bake until the top is golden-brown, and springs back when touched in the center, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and serve warm!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.