This easy Jalapeño Cheddar Bread is a quick bread recipe with jalapeños, cheddar cheese and bell peppers all stuffed inside! It’s easy, delicious and full of flavor!
This bread was great, easy, and delicious just like all quick breads should be. It would be wonderful with a bowl full of chili!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease or spray an 8×3 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the cheese and gently toss to coat cheese in flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg and whisk together. Pour mixture into well in center of flour and stir mix together lightly with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in jalapeño and bell peppers and stir just until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking loaf pan, and place in the oven. Bake until the top is golden-brown, and springs back when touched in the center, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and serve warm!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Want to Save This Recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.