Low Carb Crackers
Low Carb Crackers: these keto friendly, gluten free crackers are made with almond flour and flavored with everything bagel seasoning and parmesan cheese!
I’m back with another kickass low carb recipe! Low Carb Crackers that DO NOT taste low carb. Hallelujah!
As much as you all LOVE my low carb pancakes, I promise you will love these crackers just as much.
I have served these to so many people and they always ask where I bought them and tell me how good they are.
And then I drop the bomb that they are actually low carb and super easy to make. Next thing I know I am giving out my recipe again.
So we are still making these crackers just about weekly at my house and they are just so dang good.
These crackers all started with my Aunt Gay – the Queen of Low Carb.
She found a recipe for low carb pita chips and tried them…and they just weren’t very good. Bland.
So she sent me the recipe to try to help figure out how to make them taste better.
First, I told her I would add a cup of parmesan cheese. They need cheese. Heck, every good cracker has cheese.
Then, I’m not sure if she had the idea first, or if I did, but we added Everything Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s that I just love so much.
AND BAM. They were instantly, without a doubt, the best low carb crackers. EVER.
The crackers themselves are very easy to make, the hardest part is rolling out the dough.
I have a good heavy marble rolling pin and it makes rolling out the dough a breeze.
However, even if you don’t have a rolling pin, you can still make these low carb crackers!
When we rented a house at the beach last Summer, we rolled out these crackers with a can! It’s totally doable!
If you bake these crackers the minimum amount of time, they will be a little softer/chewier.
If you like your crackers crisp, give them an extra minute or two in the oven.
You can even pop them BACK into the oven after if you think they are too soft/chewy after they have cooled.
They also store wonderfully in an airtight bag for up to a week! Magic crackers, I’m telling ya!
I am so excited for all of you to make our all time favorite Low Carb Crackers.
They are insanely good and I promise if you make them exactly as the recipe states, no one will even know they are low carb. I swear!
Recipe Nutrition: I use Blue Diamond Almond Flour (it is by far my favorite — I buy it at Costco). Using that flour, my calculations come to 2.6 net carbs for 1 serving – which is approximately 7 crackers.
Low Carb Crackers
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Everything bagel seasoning, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, salt and Parmesan cheese. Add the egg and mix until all ingredients are fully combined, I do this with my hands (as seen in the video). Create a ball with the dough.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. The parchment paper should be the size of a large cookie sheet. Place another sheet of parchment paper of equal size on top of the ball of dough.
- Use a rolling pin, roll the dough into a thin layer approximately 1⁄4-inch in thickness.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and press it into the top crackers using your hands.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut/score the dough into small cracker sized squares. (You can use a knife to do this, but a pizza cutter makes it much easier.) Watch the video to see how I score the dough if you are not familiar with this process.
- Place the dough and bottom layer of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Break apart into crackers along the scored lines once crackers have cooled. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Recipe Note: If you bake these crackers the minimum amount of time, they will be a little softer/chewier. If you like your crackers crisp, give them an extra minute or two in the oven. You can even pop them BACK into the oven after if you think they are too soft/chewy.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links above. Thank you for any purchases through them as I may receive a small percentage back for recommending the products I like to use at home!